How to use .vue files in Django project

Salima Begum
Hi all,
I have developed a project by using django and for front end functionality I am using vuejs so, how to use .vue files in django project in my project .vue files are not accepting.

Thanks
~salima

Re: How to use .vue files in Django project

Ryan Nowakowski
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 04:24:25PM +0530, Salima Begum wrote:
> I have developed a project by using django and for front end functionality
> I am using vuejs so, how to use .vue files in django project in my project
> .vue files are not accepting.

Can you provide more details like the error messages you're seeing?

You might need to use the Vue CLI[1] to transform the .vue files into .js
that you can then serve using Django's staticfiles.  There are several[3]
tutorials[4] online.

[1] https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/single-file-components.html#For-Users-New-to-Module-Build-Systems-in-JavaScript
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/howto/static-files/
[3] https://www.valentinog.com/blog/vue-django/#serving-the-single-page-with-django-in-production
[4] https://www.google.com/search?q=django+vuejs

Re: How to use .vue files in Django project

Luciano Martins
Good morning, in our project we created a folder called FRONTEND and inside it we put all Quasar / VueJs code and used the DRF (Django Rest Framework) to consume Django data.

Em quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2021 às 19:35:42 UTC-3, Ryan Nowakowski escreveu:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 04:24:25PM +0530, Salima Begum wrote:
> I have developed a project by using django and for front end functionality
> I am using vuejs so, how to use .vue files in django project in my project
> .vue files are not accepting.

Can you provide more details like the error messages you're seeing?

You might need to use the Vue CLI[1] to transform the .vue files into .js
that you can then serve using Django's staticfiles. There are several[3]
tutorials[4] online.

[1] https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/single-file-components.html#For-Users-New-to-Module-Build-Systems-in-JavaScript
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/howto/static-files/
[3] https://www.valentinog.com/blog/vue-django/#serving-the-single-page-with-django-in-production
[4] https://www.google.com/search?q=django+vuejs

Re: How to use .vue files in Django project

RANGA BHARATH JINKA

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 5:10 PM Luciano Martins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning, in our project we created a folder called FRONTEND and inside it we put all Quasar / VueJs code and used the DRF (Django Rest Framework) to consume Django data.

Em quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2021 às 19:35:42 UTC-3, Ryan Nowakowski escreveu:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 04:24:25PM +0530, Salima Begum wrote:
> I have developed a project by using django and for front end functionality
> I am using vuejs so, how to use .vue files in django project in my project
> .vue files are not accepting.

Can you provide more details like the error messages you're seeing?

You might need to use the Vue CLI[1] to transform the .vue files into .js
that you can then serve using Django's staticfiles. There are several[3]
tutorials[4] online.

[1] https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/single-file-components.html#For-Users-New-to-Module-Build-Systems-in-JavaScript
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/howto/static-files/
[3] https://www.valentinog.com/blog/vue-django/#serving-the-single-page-with-django-in-production