I can't install easy install

Henry Ogunkomaya
Hello guys! am new to Django. i have been trying to install  downloaded (pack)"easy install" for days now without any result. i try all the methods from video tutorials, but nothing still. Can any one help me with the "easy install" scripts, so i cud just save it as python file and then run it on powershell? thanks

Re: I can't install easy install

Oladipupo Elegbede
Did you try pip install?

On Dec 14, 2017 8:09 PM, "Henry Ogunkomaya" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello guys! am new to Django. i have been trying to install  downloaded (pack)"easy install" for days now without any result. i try all the methods from video tutorials, but nothing still. Can any one help me with the "easy install" scripts, so i cud just save it as python file and then run it on powershell? thanks

Re: I can't install easy install

Oladipupo Elegbede
Open a command prompt window and navigate to the folder containing get-pip.py . Then run python get-pip.py . This will install pip . Verify a successful installation by opening a command prompt window and navigating to your Python installation's script directory (default is C:\Python27\Scripts ).

That's straight from Google.

Pip however comes with python 3.4 and above.

On Dec 14, 2017 8:09 PM, "Henry Ogunkomaya" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello guys! am new to Django. i have been trying to install  downloaded (pack)"easy install" for days now without any result. i try all the methods from video tutorials, but nothing still. Can any one help me with the "easy install" scripts, so i cud just save it as python file and then run it on powershell? thanks

Re: I can't install easy install

Mike Dewhirst-3
On 15/12/2017 8:52 AM, Henry Ogunkomaya wrote:
> Hello guys! am new to Django. i have been trying to install
> downloaded (pack)"easy install" for days now without any result. i try
> all the methods from video tutorials, but nothing still. Can any one
> help me with the "easy install" scripts, so i cud just save it as
> python file and then run it on powershell? thanks

I think you will find it is included with your Python installation. It
is certainly in Python 2.7 and Python 3.6 on my Windows 8 machine.

There is an underscore in the name "easy_install" which might be your
problem. Try opening a command prompt and type >easy_install --help

It is probably best to avoid using Powershell unless you have a strong
preference. It gives you permissions which might lead you to developing
software which assumes it has those permissions. I might be wrong there
but I haven't had any difficulties using the ordinary shell.

Welcome Henry

> <mailto:[hidden email]>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ffab1c57-5610-47b6-afea-a22718126fae%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ffab1c57-5610-47b6-afea-a22718126fae%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Re: I can't install easy install

Peter of the Norse-2
This is the second time I’ve seen this and need to let you know it’s not true.  PowerShell doesn’t have elevated permissions, it’s just bash for .NET.  While there are a bunch of new scripting features built into it, it has no effect on Python* or any other commands you might run.

- Peter of the Norse

It is probably best to avoid using Powershell unless you have a strong preference. It gives you permissions which might lead you to developing software which assumes it has those permissions. I might be wrong there but I haven't had any difficulties using the ordinary shell.

Welcome Henry

*  This might not be true if you are running IronPython, but it was never updated to 3, so it doesn’t matter.