IPCompleter.limit_to__all__ = True alternative

IPCompleter.limit_to__all__ = True alternative

freesoftware.ipython
Hello,

What is the alternative to "IPCompleter.limit_to__all__ = True"? I use IPython 5.3.0.

  Hugo Gagnon

Re: IPCompleter.limit_to__all__ = True alternative

Thomas Kluyver-2
Hi Hugo,

I don't think there is one; the idea is that with the new completion machinery, we can do smarter prioritisation of completions, and therefore we don't need as much complexity for showing and hiding different bits. I know the completion improvements are still a bit ropey at present, though.

Best wishes,
Thomas

On 5 July 2017 at 19:15, Hugo Gagnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

What is the alternative to "IPCompleter.limit_to__all__ = True"? I use IPython 5.3.0.

  Hugo Gagnon

Re: IPCompleter.limit_to__all__ = True alternative

freesoftware.ipython
Okay. I'd just like to point out that I find a use to it and unless the new completion machinery offers an alternative I see no reason to deprecate it.

--
  Hugo Gagnon