[IPython-User] FIxed ports for engine/cluster

[IPython-User] FIxed ports for engine/cluster

Darren Govoni

Hi,
  I notice every time I run a new cluster it generates the engine json file with all new ports. Problem is this doesn't work real well in a cloud where ports are strictly governed. Is there any way I can assign the set of ports to use?

thanks

Re: FIxed ports for engine/cluster

Matthias Bussonnier
Hi Darren,

IPython user is deprecated,
Please look at IPython-dev(at)spicy.org.

It also seem to me like the subject has already been asked on the mailing list,
so you are likely to find the answer in the archives also.

On Dec 30, 2015, at 16:53, Darren Govoni <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
  I notice every time I run a new cluster it generates the engine json file with all new ports. Problem is this doesn't work real well in a cloud where ports are strictly governed. Is there any way I can assign the set of ports to use?

thanks

Re: FIxed ports for engine/cluster

janpenguin
Hi Darren,

> I notice every time I run a new cluster it generates the engine json
> file
> with all new ports. Problem is this doesn't work real well in a cloud
> where
> ports are strictly governed. Is there any way I can assign the set of
> ports
> to use?
>
> thanks

I went through the page for testing virtual environment.
http://blog.quanttrader.org/amazon-aws-and-ipython-notebook/

At the end of the page, the author explains how to setup a profile for
the server assinging 9999 port number.

c.NotebookApp.port = 9999

> Then, modify the profile .ipython/profile_quantServer
I think the author made type error.

'$ ipython profile create quantServer'
would create two files: ipython_config_quantServer.py,
ipython_kernel_config_quantServer.py.

$ ipython profile create quantServer

Then, modify the profile .ipython/profile_quantServer

c = get_config()

# Kernel config
c.IPKernelApp.pylab = 'inline'  # if you want plotting support always

# Notebook config
c.NotebookApp.certfile = u'/home/ubuntu/.ssh/mycert.pem'
c.NotebookApp.ip = '*'
c.NotebookApp.open_browser = False
c.NotebookApp.password =
u'sha1:def70021a545:7b799f5ecfXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'
# Put it on a fixed port
c.NotebookApp.port = 9999