[IPython-User] IPython notebook formatting

[IPython-User] IPython notebook formatting

Phillip M. Feldman
When playing with the IPython notebook, I recently discovered by chance that enclosing something in double underscores causes it to be displayed in bold.  I suspect that there are more formatting options that I don't know about.  Is there a place where this sort of thing is documented?

Phillip

Re: IPython notebook formatting

Thomas Kluyver-2
Hi Philip,

On 3 November 2014 17:04, Phillip Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
When playing with the IPython notebook, I recently discovered by chance that enclosing something in double underscores causes it to be displayed in bold.  I suspect that there are more formatting options that I don't know about.  Is there a place where this sort of thing is documented?

The formatting is a syntax called Markdown. There's a few descriptions of it around - here's Github's:

https://help.github.com/articles/markdown-basics/

Thomas