[IPython-User] Ipython Menu doesn't disappear with shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M in Ubuntu 14.10

[IPython-User] Ipython Menu doesn't disappear with shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M in Ubuntu 14.10

Jeffrey Spencer
I am trying to get the ipython menu to disappear using Ctrl+Shift+m. I used to have no issues with this in previous versions so I could use emacs bindings alt+f to move forward a word. Is it possible to remove the menu like before or I feel it maybe due to the new way ubuntu does menus that it can not be done.

If that is the case is there anyway to remove the keybinding alt+f for activating the menu or just removing the menu before startup so it just doesn't show all the time because I rarely use it.

Re: Ipython Menu doesn't disappear with shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M in Ubuntu 14.10

Jeffrey Spencer
I guess no one has any idea how to fix this?

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Jeffrey Spencer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to get the ipython menu to disappear using Ctrl+Shift+m. I used to have no issues with this in previous versions so I could use emacs bindings alt+f to move forward a word. Is it possible to remove the menu like before or I feel it maybe due to the new way ubuntu does menus that it can not be done.

If that is the case is there anyway to remove the keybinding alt+f for activating the menu or just removing the menu before startup so it just doesn't show all the time because I rarely use it.

Re: Ipython Menu doesn't disappear with shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M in Ubuntu 14.10

Thomas Kluyver-2
Hi Jeffrey,

It's not quite clear from the description, is this in the notebook, or the Qt console?

We're also gently deprecating the -user list and merging discussion onto -dev, so you may prefer to ask there in the future.

Thomas