[IPython-User] Persistent storage of cell computations

[IPython-User] Persistent storage of cell computations

Davide Lasagna
Hi all!

Have a question. Is there any built-in cell magic that gives sort of persistent storage for the computations in the cell itself? Basically, my notebooks tend to be split in computation and visualisation parts, and I would like some robust and built-in way to save computations between runs, something similar to what Joblib Memory class provides,just within IPython. I think It would be great to have it. How difficult is to program it, BTW?

Also, Can you point me in the right spot in the docs where I can get a basic idea of the API for creating this sort of magic by myself?

Thanks,

Davide

Re: Persistent storage of cell computations

Joshua Barratt
For your first question, take a look at

https://github.com/rossant/ipycache

On Friday, July 4, 2014, Davide Lasagna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all!

Have a question. Is there any built-in cell magic that gives sort of persistent storage for the computations in the cell itself? Basically, my notebooks tend to be split in computation and visualisation parts, and I would like some robust and built-in way to save computations between runs, something similar to what Joblib Memory class provides,just within IPython. I think It would be great to have it. How difficult is to program it, BTW?

Also, Can you point me in the right spot in the docs where I can get a basic idea of the API for creating this sort of magic by myself?

Thanks,

Davide

Re: Persistent storage of cell computations

Davide Lasagna
This is great!

Thanks for sharing.

Davide