Quantcast

[IPython-User] QT Console - configuring font size

[IPython-User] QT Console - configuring font size

Paul Moore
The font size in the Qt Console is too small on my (Windows 7) PC. I
have done some searches and found Ctrl-+ to temporarily change the
size, but all I could find on doing so permanently was a note from a
year or so ago saying you had to hack on the internals, but when the
new config stuff was in, it would be easier. From what I understand,
the new config referred to is what is now in 0.13.1 (which is what I'm
using). Is there a setting for the font size anywhere now? As a more
general question, how can I find out for myself what config options
are available to me (I'm thinking in terms of introspecting from the
ipython prompt, or looking at sources, rather than expecting
everything to be documented).

Thanks,
Paul

Re: QT Console - configuring font size

klo uo
You should be able to tweak bunch of Python config files in
"%USERPROFILE%\.ipython\profile_default" folder

Re: QT Console - configuring font size

Matthias Bussonnier

Le 28 oct. 2012 à 00:02, Paul Moore a écrit :

> The font size in the Qt Console is too small on my (Windows 7) PC. I
> have done some searches and found Ctrl-+ to temporarily change the
> size, but all I could find on doing so permanently was a note from a
> year or so ago saying you had to hack on the internals, but when the
> new config stuff was in, it would be easier. From what I understand,
> the new config referred to is what is now in 0.13.1 (which is what I'm
> using). Is there a setting for the font size anywhere now? As a more
> general question, how can I find out for myself what config options
> are available to me (I'm thinking in terms of introspecting from the
> ipython prompt, or looking at sources, rather than expecting
> everything to be documented).

$ IPython [qtconsole | notebook | console] --help[-all]

$ IPython qtconsole --help-all | grep font
--IPythonWidget.font_size=<Integer>
    Default: 0
    The font size. If unconfigured, Qt will be entrusted with the size of the
    font.

so in you qtconsole config file, something like

c.IPythonWidget.font_size=32

(there is also a useful bash completion example in doc example folder that complete theses parameters)
--
Matthias
--

> Thanks,
> Paul

Re: QT Console - configuring font size

Paul Moore
On 28 October 2012 08:50, Matthias BUSSONNIER
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> $ IPython [qtconsole | notebook | console] --help[-all]
>
> $ IPython qtconsole --help-all | grep font
> --IPythonWidget.font_size=<Integer>
>     Default: 0
>     The font size. If unconfigured, Qt will be entrusted with the size of the
>     font.
>
> so in you qtconsole config file, something like
>
> c.IPythonWidget.font_size=32
>

> (there is also a useful bash completion example in doc example folder that complete theses parameters)

That's excellent - thanks very much.
Paul