[IPython-User] ipython notebook kernel shows busy from start

[IPython-User] ipython notebook kernel shows busy from start

Aaron Reabow
I am having a problem whereby ipython notebook launches but the kernel shows as busy.  I haven't executed any commands at this point.  If i restart the kernel, the command line shows that this has happened but the message doesn't get through to the browser where the little red eye still stares at me.

It means that I can't run any code.  This is the first time I have installed using anaconda, and I wonder if that is related...

Anyway, any thoughts?  This is beginning to drive me crazy.  I can get it to function properly if I restart the computer on occasion, or after a period of time sometimes it goes away by itself...

warm regards,

Aaron

Re: ipython notebook kernel shows busy from start

Matthias Bussonnier
Hi Aron,

Please try on [hidden email] we try to deprecate user ML.

Are you on windows? Do you have sophos, or any other software that could block websocket connexion?
Because this look like what happend when websocket cannot connect.

Envoyé de mon iPhone