IRC meeting **TODAY**

Michael Hudson
>From http://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython/2006/IrcMeetings :

    We plan to have a meeting on Monday the 9th of January at 1700
    GMT+1 in the #europython channel on freenode.

I think that's still the plan.  Apologies for not sending this
reminder sooner.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <glyph> "Fetch me my internet pants."
                                                -- from Twisted.Quotes

Re: IRC meeting **TODAY**

holger krekel
On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 09:53 +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> >From http://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython/2006/IrcMeetings :
>
>     We plan to have a meeting on Monday the 9th of January at 1700
>     GMT+1 in the #europython channel on freenode.
>
> I think that's still the plan.  Apologies for not sending this
> reminder sooner.

I suggest the following topics:

* brief posting about everyone's interest (to get a picture
  of why everyone attends)
* Detailed Status of Preparations at CERN (Benedikt)
* Track Planning / Chairs Status (Michael)
* PR-considerations (Paul/Holger), mostly thinking about keynote-givers
* Timeline EuroPython 2006 (can someone prepare a proposal from past experiences?)
* schedule Next Meeting (early Feb?)

Please feel free to comment/amend/add/delete from this list
before the meeting.

I'd appreciate if we can keep the meeting to 60 minutes.
Let's rather do a couple of short meetings than a few long
lasting ones.   And no, i am not interested in moderating
the meeting but would proably do it *this time* if enough
people want me to :)  I actually suggest Aiste to do it, hehe.

cheers,

    holger

Re: IRC meeting **TODAY**

Jacob Hallén-2
måndagen den 9 januari 2006 11.12 skrev holger krekel:

> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 09:53 +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> > >From http://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython/2006/IrcMeetings :
> >
> >     We plan to have a meeting on Monday the 9th of January at 1700
> >     GMT+1 in the #europython channel on freenode.
> >
> > I think that's still the plan.  Apologies for not sending this
> > reminder sooner.
>
> I suggest the following topics:
>
> * brief posting about everyone's interest (to get a picture
>   of why everyone attends)
> * Detailed Status of Preparations at CERN (Benedikt)
> * Track Planning / Chairs Status (Michael)
> * PR-considerations (Paul/Holger), mostly thinking about keynote-givers
> * Timeline EuroPython 2006 (can someone prepare a proposal from past
> experiences?) * schedule Next Meeting (early Feb?)
>
> Please feel free to comment/amend/add/delete from this list
> before the meeting.
>
> I'd appreciate if we can keep the meeting to 60 minutes.
> Let's rather do a couple of short meetings than a few long
> lasting ones.   And no, i am not interested in moderating
> the meeting but would proably do it *this time* if enough
> people want me to :)  I actually suggest Aiste to do it, hehe.

I will probably not be able to attend the meeting, but I am still committed to
do the following parts:

1. Provide the technical solution for registration, approval and publishing of
talks.

2. Provide the technical solution for attendee registration.

3. Handle the printing of badges.

4. Make a handover of the conference program generation, giving whoever will
do the generation the tools for extracting the correct information from the
conference registration system and inserting it into the conference program
generation system.

Items 1-3 are mostly doing an update and improvement to the system used last
year. There are a few usability issues I would like to address and I would
like to add the possibility of setting a password for people who wish to
protect their personal information. There should also be a box to check if
you don't want to be included in a list of attendees. Since we haven't had an
opt-out before, we have been unable to give out details about attendees to
other attendees, and there have been several people asking for such a list.

Jacob Hallén

Re: IRC meeting **TODAY**

Nicolas Chauvat
I will probably not be able to attend the meeting, but I am still committed to
do the following parts:

* manage the science track [with help from other volunteers that
                            contacted me]

--
Nicolas Chauvat

logilab.fr - services en informatique avancée et gestion de connaissances