ImageStat silent convert

Edward Cannon-2
while using PIL 1.16 recently, I noticed that ImageStat seems to do a
silent convert to mode L when given a mode F image. Looping though the
image manually using the im.load() access object gives me a different
maximum than ImageStat.Stat(im).extrema. Is this intentional? it
doesn't seem to be documented. Is it perhaps been fixed?
Edward
Unicorn School

Re: ImageStat silent convert

Fredrik Lundh
Sounds like a bug.  What does the getextrema() method return for the same image?

</F>

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Laura & Edward Cannon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> while using PIL 1.16 recently, I noticed that ImageStat seems to do a
> silent convert to mode L when given a mode F image. Looping though the
> image manually using the im.load() access object gives me a different
> maximum than ImageStat.Stat(im).extrema. Is this intentional? it
> doesn't seem to be documented. Is it perhaps been fixed?
> Edward
> Unicorn School

Re: ImageStat silent convert

Edward Cannon-2
getextrema() returns the correct values, seems like the problem is
just in the ImageStat code.
Edward
Unicorn School