ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

yaphone
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "StartECS.py", line 7, in <module>
   File "ECS.pyc", line 23, in <module>
   File "gtk \ __ init __. Pyc", line 40, in <module>
   File "gtk \ _gtk.pyc", line 12, in <module>
   File "gtk \ _gtk.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

In doing encountered this problem, try a lot of ways the Internet is still
the same, I do not know there is no big God can help answer, thanks !!!

Use version python2.7

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

turboIII
Please check gtk installation. It could be bad installation or problem with specific DLL file.

I had in the past similar problem

In order to solve problem
1-save data
2- desintall all  gtk file
3- check directories are empty
4- install again

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

yaphone
Hi , thank you for your reply
I use python shell and type "from gtk import gdk", it's can work
but use py2exe get the error.

I desinstall pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7 and check gtk runtime is the same error

what should I do...

pei

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

Yann Leboulanger
Le 2016-05-19 15:29, yaphone a écrit :

> Hi , thank you for your reply
> I use python shell and type "from gtk import gdk", it's can work
> but use py2exe get the error.
>
> I desinstall pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7 and check gtk runtime
> is
> the same error
> <http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/file/n5191107/gtk.png>
>
> what should I do...

Try adding the path to your GTK DLLs in your PATH

--
Yann

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

yaphone
add the path : C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\runtime\bin

also wrong, am I write..?

pei

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

turboIII
hi
when you desinstalled pygtk, did you check directorie pygtk was really empty?

Could you check all directorie when pygtk is installed.
and after desinstall if all are empty.
reboot PC and install again
Window is so capricious.
after what you should check with python 2.6

I'm no sure but 2 year ago when I tried to install python 2.7 I had similar problem.
and couldn't solve it.

Now I use python with GTK+ 3
Version GtK 3.8.10
Version de Python 2.7.6 (default, Jun 22 2015, 17:58:13)
on linux

add the path : C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\runtime\bin

also wrong, am I write..?

pei

http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/ImportError-DLL-load-failed-Can-not-find-the-specified-program-tp5190965p5191114.html
To unsubscribe from ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program., click here.
NAML

francis Man Max

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

steve_geo
Hi pei,

On 19/05/16 23:29, yaphone wrote:
Hi , thank you for your reply
I use python shell and type "from gtk import gdk", it's can work
but use py2exe get the error.

I desinstall pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7 and check gtk runtime is
the same error
<http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/file/n5191107/gtk.png>

what should I do...

pei

I dont get it, .. is the problem when you run from shell, or when you freeze the app (py2exe) and try an run?
They are two different things, if freezing the app you need to work harder (setup.py)  to include the gtk binaries into the app.

I think most peoples answer's are trying to solve a python shell issue, not a py2exe issue, so you need to be very clear so people can give the correct answer.

Steve

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

yaphone
This post was updated on .
Dear Steve,
thank for your suggestion, my problem is  freeze the app (py2exe) and try an run but get  error,
I don't understand that it can run from shell but can't from py2exe

it's my setyp.py:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe, sys, os

setup(

    windows = [
                  {
                      'script': 'StartECS.py',
                      'icon_resources': [(1, "Network 1.ico")],
                  }
              ],

    options = {
                  'py2exe':
                  {
                      'bundle_files': 3 ,
                      'packages': 'encodings',
                      'includes': 'cairo, pango, pangocairo, atk, gobject, gtk',

                  }
              },

    zipfile = None,
    data_files = [

                 ]
)

pei

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

steve_geo
Hi pei,

I cannot see anything on your link ( File not found )

It has been a very long time since I used pyGtk and python2.x, so I can only refer you to the following link from the py2exe web site.
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2exeAndPyGTK

When you freeze an app, .. it no longer uses the libraries installed on your PC, those libraries that the app uses need to be bundled with the app, py2exe will not automatically search out and install the gtk libraries into your app, they need specified in the setup.py.. that is why the resultant frozen app can then get installed on other peoples PC's, without needing them to install the 'extra' libraries.
When you get ImportError on a frozen (py2exe) app it means the library cannot be found within the py2exe app, so you will need to learn to use setup.py to get the missing bits into frozen app.
So I believe you need to stop looking at reinstalling your pygtk (as your app works from console right?) and start looking at what your setup.py might be missing.

Cheers
Steve

On 22/05/16 18:31, yaphone wrote:
Dear Steve,
thank for your suggestion, my problem is  freeze the app (py2exe) and try an
run but get  error,
I don't understand that it can run from shell but can't from py2exe

it's my setyp.py
<http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/file/n5191275/%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D.png>

pei

Re: ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the specified program.

Dieter Verfaillie-2
On May 22, 2016 10:31:20 AM GMT+02:00, yaphone <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear Steve,
>thank for your suggestion, my problem is  freeze the app (py2exe) and
>try an
>run but get  error,
>I don't understand that it can run from shell but can't from py2exe
>
>it's my setyp.py
><http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/file/n5191275/%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D.png>
>

>pei
>

>--

Getting pygtk to work with py2exe is a pain. Try github.com/dieterv/pygtk2exe which takes care of the obscure details...

Regards,
Dietet