ImportError: No module named pygtk

Wilbert Knol
Revision 2769 produces this error:

wk@wk:~/pythoncad$ ./gtkpycad.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./gtkpycad.py", line 30, in ?
    import pygtk
ImportError: No module named pygtk
wk@wk:~/pythoncad$

To me, it looks like a pythoncad-only library module:

wk@wk:~/pythoncad$ find ./ -iname pygtk
wk@wk:~/pythoncad$

I am lost.

Wilbert.

Re: ImportError: No module named pygtk

Art Haas
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:36:09AM +1200, Wilbert Knol wrote:

> Revision 2769 produces this error:
>
> wk@wk:~/pythoncad$ ./gtkpycad.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./gtkpycad.py", line 30, in ?
>     import pygtk
> ImportError: No module named pygtk
> wk@wk:~/pythoncad$
>
> To me, it looks like a pythoncad-only library module:
>
> wk@wk:~/pythoncad$ find ./ -iname pygtk
> wk@wk:~/pythoncad$
>
> I am lost.

Don't know what's going on here. The 'pygtk' module is the binding to
the GTK+ libraries, not a PythonCAD package. Have you done any updates
to your system lately? If it is rpm-based, what does

$ rpm -qa | grep pygtk

produce? If it is '.deb' based, what does

$ dpkg -l | grep pygtk

yield?

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822

Re: ImportError: No module named pygtk

Wilbert Knol

> Don't know what's going on here. The 'pygtk' module is the binding to
> the GTK+ libraries, not a PythonCAD package.

Sorry about the confusion. I somehow assumed it was PythonCAD-related!

> Have you done any updates
> to your system lately?

Yes, I upgraded from Debian Sarge to Etch, which seems to have killed my
previously installed python-gtk libraries.

Anyway, all is well now. I installed python-gtk2, which also pulled in a
couple of other dependencies

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 04:11:53PM +1200, Wilbert Knol wrote:

> > Don't know what's going on here. The 'pygtk' module is the binding to
> > the GTK+ libraries, not a PythonCAD package.
>
> Sorry about the confusion. I somehow assumed it was PythonCAD-related!
>
> > Have you done any updates
> > to your system lately?
>
> Yes, I upgraded from Debian Sarge to Etch, which seems to have killed my
> previously installed python-gtk libraries.
>
> Anyway, all is well now. I installed python-gtk2, which also pulled in a
> couple of other dependencies

Glad to hear that all is well again.

Art

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822