Installing 2.6 on Win 7

ray joseph
I have not found binaries for this install.  The page
http://www.python.org/download/windows/
takes me to
http://www.python.org/download/releases/
which goes to
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls.  The readme files describe linux
builds and the content seems to match.

Are there win binaries or source files?

ray

Re: Installing 2.6 on Win 7

briancurtin
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 15:04, ray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have not found binaries for this install.  The page
> http://www.python.org/download/windows/
> takes me to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/
> which goes to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
> Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls.  The readme files describe linux
> builds and the content seems to match.
>
> Are there win binaries or source files?

As stated at the top of that page...
"""Python 2.6.7 is a security-fix only source release for Python
2.6.6, fixing several reported security issues. Python 2.6.7 was
released on June 3, 2011."""

If you work backwards, http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/
is the last version binaries were created for.

Re: Installing 2.6 on Win 7

Benjamin Kaplan-2

On Sep 9, 2011 4:07 PM, "ray" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have not found binaries for this install.  The page
> http://www.python.org/download/windows/
> takes me to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/
> which goes to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
> Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls.  The readme files describe linux
> builds and the content seems to match.
>
> Are there win binaries or source files?
>
> ray
> --

There is no such thing as the windows source vs. the Linux source. Just different build files, both of which are in those folders. Since 2.6 is in security-fix only mode, python.org doesn't provide binaries. You may be able to find binaries from ActiveState if you don't want to build it yourself.

Re: Installing 2.6 on Win 7

Littlefield, Tyler
On 9/9/2011 2:04 PM, ray wrote:

> I have not found binaries for this install.  The page
> http://www.python.org/download/windows/
> takes me to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/
> which goes to
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
> Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls.  The readme files describe linux
> builds and the content seems to match.
>
> Are there win binaries or source files?

http://www.python.org/getit/releases/2.6.6/
has a release for windows x86 and x64