Integrating GeoDjango with Esri API

Rodrigo Cea-3
I'm developing a mapping website. I will be consuming map layers from ESRI Online. I see they have a fairly sophisticated Python API. The site will be django based. I wonder how easy it would be to use GeoDjango for local storage and editing of geographical  data as well as other, not geolocated info, and using the ESRI api to sync it to ESRI's servers and generate maps?

Using ESRI maps and interacting with other ESRI based sites is a client requirement, and non-negotiable.

Re: Integrating GeoDjango with Esri API

Mohammed Alnajdi
You might want to check out the GeoNode project.

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Nov 2020, at 3:58 PM, Rodrigo Cea <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm developing a mapping website. I will be consuming map layers from ESRI Online. I see they have a fairly sophisticated Python API. The site will be django based. I wonder how easy it would be to use GeoDjango for local storage and editing of geographical  data as well as other, not geolocated info, and using the ESRI api to sync it to ESRI's servers and generate maps?

Using ESRI maps and interacting with other ESRI based sites is a client requirement, and non-negotiable.

Re: Integrating GeoDjango with Esri API

Rodrigo Culagovski
Does it connect to ESRI services? I can't find any reference to that on their site, and that's what I specifically need.
Saludos,
 Rodrigo Culagovski
Director
+569 7667 0402
H98R+8C Santiago

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 14:37, Mohammed Alnajdi <[hidden email]> wrote:
You might want to check out the GeoNode project.

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Nov 2020, at 3:58 PM, Rodrigo Cea <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm developing a mapping website. I will be consuming map layers from ESRI Online. I see they have a fairly sophisticated Python API. The site will be django based. I wonder how easy it would be to use GeoDjango for local storage and editing of geographical  data as well as other, not geolocated info, and using the ESRI api to sync it to ESRI's servers and generate maps?

Using ESRI maps and interacting with other ESRI based sites is a client requirement, and non-negotiable.

Re: Integrating GeoDjango with Esri API

Dhruvil Shah
You can follow this YouTuber he has made a project on GeoDjango.

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, 18:29 Rodrigo Cea, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm developing a mapping website. I will be consuming map layers from ESRI Online. I see they have a fairly sophisticated Python API. The site will be django based. I wonder how easy it would be to use GeoDjango for local storage and editing of geographical  data as well as other, not geolocated info, and using the ESRI api to sync it to ESRI's servers and generate maps?

Using ESRI maps and interacting with other ESRI based sites is a client requirement, and non-negotiable.

Re: Integrating GeoDjango with Esri API

Rodrigo Culagovski
Does it connect to ESRI services? I can't find any reference to that in the video, and that's what I specifically need.
Saludos,
 Rodrigo Culagovski
Director
+569 7667 0402
H98R+8C Santiago

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 15:43, Dhruvil Shah <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can follow this YouTuber he has made a project on GeoDjango.

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, 18:29 Rodrigo Cea, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm developing a mapping website. I will be consuming map layers from ESRI Online. I see they have a fairly sophisticated Python API. The site will be django based. I wonder how easy it would be to use GeoDjango for local storage and editing of geographical  data as well as other, not geolocated info, and using the ESRI api to sync it to ESRI's servers and generate maps?

Using ESRI maps and interacting with other ESRI based sites is a client requirement, and non-negotiable.

Re: Integrating GeoDjango with Esri API

Rodrigo Culagovski
Great, thanks.
Saludos,
 Rodrigo Culagovski
Director
+569 7667 0402
H98R+8C Santiago

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 18:26, Mohammed Alnajdi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Not looking for a general intro to geodjango, but rather what I asked. Thanks anyway.
Saludos,
 Rodrigo Culagovski
Director
+569 7667 0402
H98R+8C Santiago

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 17:55, Dhruvil Shah <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

gamesbook
Some other (possibly useful) links are:

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7KUHLTqjs - edit data with QGIS instead of GeoDjango
* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19160349/geodjango-geoserver-openlayers-for-dynamic-mapping - replace "geosever" with "arcmap" and the same principles apply