Integrating mypy with IPython using custom magic

Integrating mypy with IPython using custom magic

Stephan Fitzpatrick
For those interested, I wrote a cell magic to allow one to run a cell through
mypy

The link to the gist is here.

Anyone interested in the article on how/why I wrote it with example code can find it here.

Cheers.

--
Stephan Fitzpatrick
Software Developer

Re: Integrating mypy with IPython using custom magic

Fernando Perez
On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Stephan Fitzpatrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
For those interested, I wrote a cell magic to allow one to run a cell through
mypy

The link to the gist is here.

Cool, thanks! This would make for a nice newsletter item!

Anyone interested in the article on how/why I wrote it with example code can find it here.

Quick q: you mention you configured IPython to print not only the last evaluated statement but more than that.  I admit I didn't realize we'd made that configurable! (not too surprising, the project has grown so much there's quite a bit of the codebase, even in the IPython kernel, I don't recognize anymore).  Can you point me to how you did it? Would love to learn :)

Cheers