Introduction

Luis Visintini
 >>> print 'Hello World'

Hello everyone,

My name is Luis and I'm a Python user/developer/lover from Argentina.

I recently subscribed to this mailing list and I thought it would be
nice to introduce myself.

I'm moving to London next august and, since here in Argentina we also
have a Python mailing list and a very active python community (in which
I try to be relatively active), I wanted to submerge in the UK Python
Community.

This is probably is off-topic, but if any of you have tips or advice
regarding my trip, I'm all ears.
Also, I'm in kind of a job hunt, so it would be awesome if any of you
could give me some advise regarding that.
You can check my CV at http://bit.ly/hek67K
Help is always appreciated.

However, if you can't provide any assistance, that’s OK too. I'm always
in the mood for stimulating conversation.

Are there any events or python conferences approaching?
Do some of you get together to have some beers sometimes?
Perhaps I could tag along and you can listen someone speak bad English.
haha.

that's all, everyone.

see you around.

Luis

Re: Introduction

Nicholas H.Tollervey
iHola! Luis,

Welcome to London (in August)!

There's quite an active and very friendly Python scene in London:

A Monthly code dojo (announced on this list)
An occasional Pyssup - (Python/Beer/Social)
DJUGL - Django User Group
A Python in Finance group...

IIRC there might even be a PythonUK un-conference sometime this autumn. (???)

All the best,

Nicholas.