IronPython 1.0 Beta Docs are wrong

jonathansamuel
I installed .NET 2.0 Beta, which is all that is
available via download right now.

I downloaded IronPython. Its Readme says "After
unpacking the distribution of IronPyhon, you can
complete the installation by adding the included 'bin'
directory to your PATH."

There is no 'bin' directory in IronPython 1.0 beta.

The Readme continues: "To test your installation, you
should launch the interactive interpreter as shown
below:

C:\IronPython\bin>IronPythonConsole
IronPython 1.0 Beta on .NET 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
>>> 2+2
4"

However, if I run IronPythonConsole I get a blank
popup that says '.NET Framework Initialization Error'

What am I doing wrong? Should I not be using the .NET
2.0 Beta? This beta is the only version of .NET 2.0
that is available online.

Jonathan Mark
GoodbyeJim.com

Re: IronPython 1.0 Beta Docs are wrong

Devin Ganger
Jonathan Mark wrote:

> What am I doing wrong? Should I not be using the .NET
> 2.0 Beta? This beta is the only version of .NET 2.0
> that is available online.

As an aside, you can still download 1.1. For more details, see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/framework1_1/

--
Devin L. Ganger                    Email: [hidden email]
3Sharp LLC                         Phone: 425.882.1032 x 109

Re: IronPython 1.0 Beta Docs are wrong

Martin Maly
The .NET Framework 2.0 has been released already. You should be able to download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en

Martin