IronPython 2.7 RC 2 Available

Jeff Hardy-4
On behalf of the IronPython team, I am pleased to announce IronPython
2.7 Release Candidate 2. The releases contains a few minor bug fixes,
including a working webbrowser module.

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/62114

This will be the last release before 2.7 Final. There are still a few
fixes that need to be done before I'm happy with the release,
including getting sysconfig to work reliably on Max/Linux. If you've
got one of those handy and want to a look at sysconfig.py (and
http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/29841) it would be a huge
help.

- Jeff

Re: IronPython 2.7 RC 2 Available

Tristan Zajonc
Jeff,

I believe this can be solved by changing line 420 to:

        if os.name in ('nt', 'os2') or sys.platform == 'cli':
            _init_non_posix(_CONFIG_VARS)

And changing the default scheme from posix_prefix to nt, which seems to make sense given layout:

def _get_default_scheme():
    if sys.platform == 'cli':
        return 'nt'
    if os.name == 'posix':
        # the default scheme for posix is posix_prefix
        return 'posix_prefix'
    return os.name

The REPL opens fine after these changes and the results of sysconfig.get_path, get_platform, etc, look reasonable.  Sorry to send these via email rather than GitHub.

I also think http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/28904 has also been fixed in Mono trunk.

Tristan