Is c extensions enabled by default in 0.6b2?

Is c extensions enabled by default in 0.6b2?

Vishal Rana-2
I have build / installed PyAMF 0.6b2 from git on linux, how do I know if I am using c extension?
Is it enabled by default or I have to set it up somewhere?

Thanks
Vishal Rana

Re: Is c extensions enabled by default in 0.6b2?

Nick Joyce
On 17 Aug 2010, at 04:14, Vishal Rana wrote:

I have build / installed PyAMF 0.6b2 from git on linux, how do I know if I am using c extension?
Is it enabled by default or I have to set it up somewhere?

If you have the relevant build tools, CPyAMF will be included automatically at build/install time. I built cpyamf to be a separate package to pyamf, so you should be able to do an import test.

With the extensions enabled:

>>> import cpyamf

Without:

>>> import cpyamf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named cpyamf

Re: Is c extensions enabled by default in 0.6b2?

Vishal Rana-2
Thanks Nick,

I found it!, so who imports cpyamf (the encoding / decoding internals?) as I am nowhere using import cpyamf in the program.

Thanks
Vishal Rana