Is there any one working on subType?

Yan Weng
Hi,

The head version fails test_types.py. It fails on test on "long". I guess it is related to the subType change because the 2.2.a1 works. Is there anyone working on this issue?

Thx,

Yan

Re: Is there any one working on subType?

Carlos Quiroz-3
Hi

Have you tested this against Python 2.3 tests? All the type related
tests should be done against that version since jython it is now in
between 2.2 and 2.3 with respect to types.

Carlos

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:38:15 -0800, "Yan Weng" <[hidden email]> said:

> Hi,
>
> The head version fails test_types.py. It fails on test on "long". I guess
> it
> is related to the subType change because the 2.2.a1 works. Is there
> anyone
> working on this issue?
>
> Thx,
>
> Yan

Re: Is there any one working on subType?

Yan Weng
Is that right? I was testing it against the old test files from Jython 2.2.a1 release.

Just now, I tested 2.3 test_types.py file. It failed because "yield" is not implemented.

What's the result of running following script in you jython build? My result is "prod is not long". (This script is made based on test_types.py).

import sys
m = -sys.maxint - 1
# Check for expected * overflow to long.
prod = m - 1
if type(prod) is not long:
        print 'prod is not long'

Thx,

Yan

On 1/17/06, Carlos Quiroz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Have you tested this against Python 2.3 tests? All the type related
tests should be done against that version since jython it is now in
between 2.2 and 2.3 with respect to types.

Carlos

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:38:15 -0800, "Yan Weng" < [hidden email]> said:

> Hi,
>
> The head version fails test_types.py. It fails on test on "long". I guess
> it
> is related to the subType change because the 2.2.a1 works. Is there
> anyone
> working on this issue?
>
> Thx,
>
> Yan

Re: Is there any one working on subType?

Carlos Quiroz-3
Hi

This was discussed a while ago and Samuel Pedroni indicated that we
should use the 2.3 test for that specific part.
You will need to change several files to be able so, for example the
yield issue you mention appears in one or two files and also you will
need to modify the sre and inspect modules.

I submitted a patch for the inspect module here
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1361317&group_id=12867&atid=312867

Carlos

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:05:54 -0800, "Yan Weng" <[hidden email]> said:

> Is that right? I was testing it against the old test files from Jython
> 2.2.a1 release.
>
> Just now, I tested 2.3 test_types.py file. It failed because "yield" is
> not
> implemented.
>
> What's the result of running following script in you jython build? My
> result
> is "prod is not long". (This script is made based on test_types.py).
>
> import sys
> m = -sys.maxint - 1
> # Check for expected * overflow to long.
> prod = m - 1
> if type(prod) is not long:
>         print 'prod is not long'
>
> Thx,
>
> Yan
>
> On 1/17/06, Carlos Quiroz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Have you tested this against Python 2.3 tests? All the type related
> > tests should be done against that version since jython it is now in
> > between 2.2 and 2.3 with respect to types.
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:38:15 -0800, "Yan Weng" <[hidden email]> said:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The head version fails test_types.py. It fails on test on "long". I
> > guess
> > > it
> > > is related to the subType change because the 2.2.a1 works. Is there
> > > anyone
> > > working on this issue?
> > >
> > > Thx,
> > >
> > > Yan

Re: Is there any one working on subType?

Yan Weng
Thanks! Does this mean the necessary work for subType is actually complete?

I am new to this list. So forgive me if these questions have been asked before:
1. Are all the necessary features for Jython 2.2 code complete?
2. What's the gap between the current cvs head and the Jython 2.2 release? Bug fixing?

Thx,

Yan

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
>  1. Are all the necessary features for Jython 2.2 code complete?
No, there is still quite a bit left to do.
>  2. What's the gap between the current cvs head and the Jython 2.2 release?
> Bug fixing?
There are a number of pieces missing, off the top of my head: the
pyxml package is missing, meta-class support needs work, the new-style
class support needs some cleaning up, and of course there are bugs to
fix.  I'm going to start a todo page up on the wiki, probably this
weekend.  Once I do that I'll post the link to this list.

-Frank