It's that time of year again...

Richard Jones-7
Yes, we may need to start looking for a new place to meet. Our last
booking for RMIT is November, and from then on it looks like we'll
have to pay for the lecture theatre ($55 plus $105 per hour). $160 per
meeting if we keep the lecture hall use to an hour (which I think is
possible.)

I'm going to contact the PSF to see whether they can cover that cost,
but I'm not sure they'll go for it.

So, please start thinking of alternatives, just in case. Starting
December, in the CBD, with projection facility (and not in a bar with
all the noise.) 10-30 attendees.

    Richard

Re: It's that time of year again...

Tennessee Leeuwenburg-3
Sigh...

I'll ask at work but I'm not sure how keen they are on night-time
access, plus the docklands is quiet as a tomb at that time of night in
terms of places to eat and drink afterwards.

Cheers,
-T

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, we may need to start looking for a new place to meet. Our last
> booking for RMIT is November, and from then on it looks like we'll
> have to pay for the lecture theatre ($55 plus $105 per hour). $160 per
> meeting if we keep the lecture hall use to an hour (which I think is
> possible.)
>
> I'm going to contact the PSF to see whether they can cover that cost,
> but I'm not sure they'll go for it.
>
> So, please start thinking of alternatives, just in case. Starting
> December, in the CBD, with projection facility (and not in a bar with
> all the noise.) 10-30 attendees.
>

>    Richard

Re: It's that time of year again...

Ed Schofield-3
Here's an offer: Python Charmers will sponsor it. :)

I'm thinking that, if we're going to pay anyway, the Hub (673 Bourke St) might be a better venue (more sociable and perhaps more conducive to interesting free-form discussions … or even hacking). We could order pizzas in there.

The RMIT lecture rooms have been good, but a couple of people have commented that they're too … well … lecturish!

What are others' thoughts? I'll investigate prices for the Hub and post back to the list.

Cheers,
    Ed

On 10/10/2011, at 4:38 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

[...]

Dr. Edward Schofield
(M) +61 (0)405 676 229
Python Charmers
http://pythoncharmers.com

Re: It's that time of year again...

Tennessee Leeuwenburg-3
I think "The Hub" sounds like a pretty exciting place to be located,
if there is a decent meeting room.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's an offer: Python Charmers will sponsor it. :)
> I'm thinking that, if we're going to pay anyway, the Hub (673 Bourke St)
> might be a better venue (more sociable and perhaps more conducive to
> interesting free-form discussions … or even hacking). We could order pizzas
> in there.
> The RMIT lecture rooms have been good, but a couple of people have commented
> that they're too … well … lecturish!
> What are others' thoughts? I'll investigate prices for the Hub and post back
> to the list.
> Cheers,
>     Ed
>
> On 10/10/2011, at 4:38 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
>
> Sigh...
>
> I'll ask at work but I'm not sure how keen they are on night-time
> access, plus the docklands is quiet as a tomb at that time of night in
> terms of places to eat and drink afterwards.
>
> Cheers,
> -T
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Yes, we may need to start looking for a new place to meet. Our last
>
> booking for RMIT is November, and from then on it looks like we'll
>
> have to pay for the lecture theatre ($55 plus $105 per hour). $160 per
>
> meeting if we keep the lecture hall use to an hour (which I think is
>
> possible.)
>
> I'm going to contact the PSF to see whether they can cover that cost,
>
> but I'm not sure they'll go for it.
>
> So, please start thinking of alternatives, just in case. Starting
>
> December, in the CBD, with projection facility (and not in a bar with
>
> all the noise.) 10-30 attendees.
>

>    Richard

> Dr. Edward Schofield
> (M) +61 (0)405 676 229
> Python Charmers
> http://pythoncharmers.com

Re: It's that time of year again...

mark hellewell
On Monday, 10 October 2011 at 5:23 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
I think "The Hub" sounds like a pretty exciting place to be located,
if there is a decent meeting room.
Hello list!  There's also the OpenHub, located on 243 Collins Street…

Just waiting for someone to make a “such and such place is so full of gits, they should call it the github”

cheers,
mark

wrote:

Yes, we may need to start looking for a new place to meet. Our last

booking for RMIT is November, and from then on it looks like we'll

have to pay for the lecture theatre ($55 plus $105 per hour). $160 per

meeting if we keep the lecture hall use to an hour (which I think is

possible.)

I'm going to contact the PSF to see whether they can cover that cost,

but I'm not sure they'll go for it.

So, please start thinking of alternatives, just in case. Starting

December, in the CBD, with projection facility (and not in a bar with

all the noise.) 10-30 attendees.

   Richard

Dr. Edward Schofield
(M) +61 (0)405 676 229
Python Charmers
http://pythoncharmers.com

Re: It's that time of year again...

Noon Silk
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think "The Hub" sounds like a pretty exciting place to be located,
> if there is a decent meeting room.

I think that's the building called The Donkey Wheel House:
http://donkeywheelhouse.org/

It's pretty cool.

--
Noon Silk

Fancy a quantum lunch? http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en

of being this signature."

Re: It's that time of year again...

Rory Hart-3
I've been the the hub a few times, great venue filled with great vibes!