It seems that extensions in the cwd do not take precedence in notebooks

It seems that extensions in the cwd do not take precedence in notebooks

Jason Moore
I have a directory full of notebooks and I dropped the version_information magic py file in the directory so that I can use it in the notebooks. I then modified the py file and the modifications did not reflect in the notebook. Turns out I had a ~/.ipython/extensions/version_information.py in place and the notebooks were using that instead of the one in the directory with the notebooks. I would have thought that the one in the cwd would take precedence. Why is that?

Also, how do you find where a magic is loading from? For python modules you simply look at __file__.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791