January Meeting ?

Brian Mahoney-2
Is there a presentation for the January BayPiggies meeting next week?
Perhaps someone wishes to test-drive their PyCon talk?

Re: January Meeting ?

Marilyn Davis

--

If no one steps forward with a PyCon talk, and if folks can tolerate a
45-minute tutorial, I'd love to get feedback and suggestions for

And, if anyone knows an opportunity for such a sales pitch, outside
the UCSC structure, that would be cool.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.  http://www.deliberate.com/marilyn

Re: January Meeting ?

jim stockford

what's a "honing mine"?
you ever evangelizing anywhere near san francisco?
You wanna talk to linux user group people or
*bsd people in SF?

Will the next meeting be Thursday, January 12,  7:30 PM?
At Google (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View)?

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, jim stockford wrote:

> what's a "honing mine"?

Oh Jim.  Did that read funny, or is it 'funnily'? *You* are the editor
guru.

> you ever evangelizing anywhere near san francisco?

Anywhere you say.

> You wanna talk to linux user group people or
> *bsd people in SF?

Sure.

> Will the next meeting be Thursday, January 12,  7:30 PM?
> At Google (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View)?

I'm not sure.  Someone else has to answer that.

Marilyn

> On Jan 4, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Marilyn Davis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Brian Mahoney wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a presentation for the January BayPiggies meeting next week?
> >> Perhaps someone wishes to test-drive their PyCon talk?
> >>

> > --
> >
> > If no one steps forward with a PyCon talk, and if folks can tolerate a
> > 45-minute tutorial, I'd love to get feedback and suggestions for
> > honing mine.  UCSC-Extension has set me up as their 'Python
> > Evangelist' and I'm giving some free lunchtime sales-pitches for
> > Python and a Python Course at some corporate sites, so I'm trying to
> > make it great.
> >
> > And, if anyone knows an opportunity for such a sales pitch, outside
> > the UCSC structure, that would be cool.
> >
> > Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.  http://www.deliberate.com/marilyn

Re: January Meeting ?

Aahz
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006, jim stockford wrote:

> Will the next meeting be Thursday, January 12,  7:30 PM?
> At Google (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View)?

That's the plan.  Could one of the Google people confirm that, please?
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith

Re: January Meeting ?

Bugzilla from nnorwitz@gmail.com
On 1/4/06, Aahz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006, jim stockford wrote:
> >
> > Will the next meeting be Thursday, January 12,  7:30 PM?
> > At Google (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View)?
>
> That's the plan.  Could one of the Google people confirm that, please?

I'm working on it.  Not sure which room yet.

Re: January Meeting ?

jim stockford

If it's the C++ programmer who's juggling the
chainsaws, I don't think that person has much
body armor.

On Jan 4, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Aahz wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006, jim stockford wrote:
>>
>> Will the next meeting be Thursday, January 12,  7:30 PM?
>> At Google (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View)?
>
> That's the plan.  Could one of the Google people confirm that, please?
> --
> Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>
> http://www.pythoncraft.com/
>
> "Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
> serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
> straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
> wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens
> wearing
> a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith

Re: January Meeting ?

Anna Ravenscroft
> > If no one steps forward with a PyCon talk, and if folks can tolerate a
> > 45-minute tutorial, I'd love to get feedback and suggestions for
> > honing mine.  UCSC-Extension has set me up as their 'Python
> > Evangelist' and I'm giving some free lunchtime sales-pitches for
> > Python and a Python Course at some corporate sites, so I'm trying to
> > make it great.
> >
> > And, if anyone knows an opportunity for such a sales pitch, outside
> > the UCSC structure, that would be cool.
> >
> > Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.  http://www.deliberate.com/marilyn

I think that's a great idea. I'd love to see your presentation.

Anna

On 1/4/06, Neal Norwitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Aahz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 04, 2006, jim stockford wrote:
> > >
> > > Will the next meeting be Thursday, January 12,  7:30 PM?
> > > At Google (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View)?
> >
> > That's the plan.  Could one of the Google people confirm that, please?
>
> I'm working on it.  Not sure which room yet.

Tunis (same room as last time) is reserved.  Jan 12, 7.30pm.  We'll
meet in the Building 43 lobby as normal.

Re: January Meeting ?

wesley chun
if no one is going to take this slot, then we'll give it to maryilyn...

marilyn, can you send your: 1) talk title, 2) talk summary, and 3)
short bio to us at mailto:[hidden email] and someone will
update the website and send out the announcement?

brian, you can organize dinner as usual if you're coming to the
meeting... let us know if not, and one of us will set it up.

next month, we can take another pre-PyCon practice session for *2-3*
PyCon talks (each talk is limited to 25-30min)... pls send info to us.
 i can take one of the 3 of there is room left.

for march's and maybe april's talk, we'll (obviously) do a recap of
various and interesting PyCon sessions and hopefully have Guido
(re)deliver his Python SoU address.

thanks!
-wesley

Re: January Meeting ?

Marilyn Davis
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, w chun wrote:

> if no one is going to take this slot, then we'll give it to maryilyn...

Thank you for the opportunity.

> marilyn, can you send your: 1) talk title, 2) talk summary, and 3)
> short bio to us at mailto:[hidden email] and someone will
> update the website and send out the announcement?

Done.

Thanks again.

Marilyn

> brian, you can organize dinner as usual if you're coming to the
> meeting... let us know if not, and one of us will set it up.
>
> next month, we can take another pre-PyCon practice session for *2-3*
> PyCon talks (each talk is limited to 25-30min)... pls send info to us.
>  i can take one of the 3 of there is room left.
>
> for march's and maybe april's talk, we'll (obviously) do a recap of
> various and interesting PyCon sessions and hopefully have Guido
> (re)deliver his Python SoU address.
>
> thanks!
> -wesley

Trade python lessons for chinese massage

cindy mason
HI,

I'm a massuese and am interested in trading lessons in
python for
chinese bodywork.   This is a serious request, I am
very interested
in learning, I have worked as a masseuse in a hospital
for 3 years
and am state certified.  I also do a Japanese form of
bodywork known
as Jin Shin Jyutsu, and also teach self care japanese
acupressure if you
are intersted, you can check me out on
www.21stcenturymed.org

I would like to have references and will provide
references on my end
as well.

I live in Palo Alto, but can bring my laptop...    I
have a g5 at the house,
or a win2000 laptop.   I have a table.

Cheers,
Grasshopper