[Jobs] Senior Python Developer - 3 Month Contract

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Jobs] Senior Python Developer - 3 Month Contract

James Alford
Hi All

Transcity, the company I work for, is looking for a talent Python
developer on a 3 month contract.  If you are interested please have a
look at the seek ad and apply through seek:

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/senior-python-developer/in/melbourne-melbourne/20617376

Any suggestions are welcome, just email me directly.

Thanks.

--
Regards

James Alford

--
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jobs] Senior Python Developer - 3 Month Contract

James Alford
Hi All

We have reconsidered the required experience for the contractor ad on
Seek after a bit of advice.  It now is 3+ years experience in python
from 5 years, the Seek ad should be reflect that shortly.

Thanks.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM, James Alford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Transcity, the company I work for, is looking for a talent Python
> developer on a 3 month contract.  If you are interested please have a
> look at the seek ad and apply through seek:
>
> http://www.seek.com.au/Job/senior-python-developer/in/melbourne-melbourne/20617376
>
> Any suggestions are welcome, just email me directly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> James Alford
>
> --
>



--
Regards

James Alford

email:    [hidden email]
mobile:  0419 883646
skype:   james-p-alford

--
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jobs] Senior Python Developer - 3 Month Contract

Andrew Fort
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:51 PM, James Alford <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We have reconsidered the required experience for the contractor ad on
> Seek after a bit of advice.  It now is 3+ years experience in python
> from 5 years, the Seek ad should be reflect that shortly.

Not to cause any offence, but I have a question.  Why ask for
"experience" length at all?  It's a limited field (of developers), and
you're reviewing their resumes and interviewing potentials anyway.
Okay, so getting 1000 resumes is bad and you want some source
limitation, but it's always hard to find talent so - when I'm looking
for work - always ignore this number anyway and show my stuff.

Just my 2c.

Cheers,
Andrew
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jobs] Senior Python Developer - 3 Month Contract

James Alford
Hi Andrew

That is quite true but I think that shows your confidence in your
abilities which is also a great selling point.  Are you available at
the moment?

None taken by the way, the experience is a hurdle, nothing more, as you say.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Andrew Fort <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:51 PM, James Alford <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> We have reconsidered the required experience for the contractor ad on
>> Seek after a bit of advice.  It now is 3+ years experience in python
>> from 5 years, the Seek ad should be reflect that shortly.
>
> Not to cause any offence, but I have a question.  Why ask for
> "experience" length at all?  It's a limited field (of developers), and
> you're reviewing their resumes and interviewing potentials anyway.
> Okay, so getting 1000 resumes is bad and you want some source
> limitation, but it's always hard to find talent so - when I'm looking
> for work - always ignore this number anyway and show my stuff.
>
> Just my 2c.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew
> _______________________________________________
> melbourne-pug mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
>



--
Regards

James Alford

email:    [hidden email]
mobile:  0419 883646
skype:   james-p-alford

--
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug