Jython 2.5.4rc1 and 2.7b1 released!

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
On behalf of the Jython development team, I'm pleased to announce that
the first release candidate of Jython 2.5.4 and the first beta of
Jython 2.7 are available.

The 2.5.4rc1 details are here:
http://fwierzbicki.blogspot.com/2013/02/jython-254-rc1-released.html

The 2.7b1 details are here:
http://fwierzbicki.blogspot.com/2013/02/jython-27-beta1-released.html

Thanks to Adconion Media Group for sponsoring my work on Jython, and
thanks to the many contributors to Jython!

Re: Jython 2.5.4rc1 and 2.7b1 released!

Quanah Gibson-Mount-3
--On Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:16 PM -0800 [hidden email] wrote:

> On behalf of the Jython development team, I'm pleased to announce that
> the first release candidate of Jython 2.5.4 and the first beta of
> Jython 2.7 are available.

Have the breakages with threading that were introduced in 2.5.3 been fixed?
I didn't really see anything on the blog or the NEWS file about it.

Thanks!

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <[hidden email]> wrote:
> --On Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:16 PM -0800 [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> On behalf of the Jython development team, I'm pleased to announce that
>> the first release candidate of Jython 2.5.4 and the first beta of
>> Jython 2.7 are available.
>
> Have the breakages with threading that were introduced in 2.5.3 been fixed?
> I didn't really see anything on the blog or the NEWS file about it.
I'm guessing you are talking about http://bugs.jython.org/issue1974 -
I added a request for an update to the code sample there. We have not
addressed that issue yet.

-Frank

--On Monday, February 11, 2013 11:58 AM -0800 [hidden email] wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> --On Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:16 PM -0800 [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> On behalf of the Jython development team, I'm pleased to announce that
>>> the first release candidate of Jython 2.5.4 and the first beta of
>>> Jython 2.7 are available.
>>
>> Have the breakages with threading that were introduced in 2.5.3 been
>> fixed? I didn't really see anything on the blog or the NEWS file about
>> it.
> I'm guessing you are talking about http://bugs.jython.org/issue1974 -
> I added a request for an update to the code sample there. We have not
> addressed that issue yet.

Ok.  I saw your request, and provided an update on where you can find all
of the jython code.  Hope that helps in tracking it down. :)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.
--------------------
Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Re: Jython 2.5.4rc1 and 2.7b1 released!

Quanah Gibson-Mount-3

--On February 11, 2013 at 12:27:15 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> --On Monday, February 11, 2013 11:58 AM -0800 [hidden email] wrote:

>> I'm guessing you are talking about http://bugs.jython.org/issue1974 -

This issue appears to be resolved with 2.7b2.

May 16 14:46:16 zre-ldap004 zmconfigd[20312]: Waking up
May 16 14:46:16 zre-ldap004 zmconfigd[20312]: Found 2 threads
May 16 14:46:16 zre-ldap004 zmconfigd[20312]: Active Thread listener found
May 16 14:46:16 zre-ldap004 zmconfigd[20312]: Active Thread MainThread found
May 16 14:46:16 zre-ldap004 zmconfigd[20312]: Fetching All configs

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Server Architect