Quantcast

Jython 2.7.1 rc1 soft release

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
Hi all,

I've put together a soft release of 2.7.1 rc1.
Please test, especially if you can test on windows!

As soon as I get a couple of sanity checks, I'll finalize the RC and
do a real announcement.

The releases:

installer: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgpython-1063/org/python/jython-installer/2.7.1-rc1/jython-installer-2.7.1-rc1.jar

standalone: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgpython-1064/org/python/jython-standalone/2.7.1-rc1/jython-standalone-2.7.1-rc1.jar

The parent directories of each of the above have the checksums, source
jars, javadocs, etc.

-Frank

Re: Jython 2.7.1 rc1 soft release

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:51 PM, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've put together a soft release of 2.7.1 rc1.
> Please test, especially if you can test on windows!
>
> As soon as I get a couple of sanity checks, I'll finalize the RC and
> do a real announcement.
Stefan asked me to hold off on finalizing the RC until he can do a
standard lib update, so it will probably be another day or two before
I finalize.

-Frank

Re: Jython 2.7.1 rc1 soft release

Jeff Allen-2
I kicked the tyres anyway (Windows 10, java1.8.0_121). I made a default
installation and it went fine.

pip worked for me ("pip install Jinja2"), which was the main oversight
in 2.7.0, so that's an important step forward.

"jython -m test.regrtest -e" hangs at test_logging,
test_pythoninterpreter_jy, test_socket_jy, although these run ok when
called individually under regrtest (and pass). It is as if some
preceding test prepared the ground for these to hang, but I can't infer
under what conditions.

With those excluded, it runs to completion, but not cleanly, reporting:

14 fails unexpected:
     test___all__ test_classpathimporter test_codecencodings_tw test_io
     test_io_jy test_java_integration test_jython_initializer
     test_marshal test_platform test_select_new test_sort test_ssl
     test_univnewlines test_zipimport_jy

I'll poke at these some more myself, but is it not the same for others?

Jeff Allen