Jython sprint next weekend (6th and 7th of May, 2017)

Jython sprint next weekend (6th and 7th of May, 2017)

Stefan Richthofer
Dear Jython developers and users,

I will be leading a Jython sprint at "Python Meeting Düsseldorf"'s overall Python sprint, http://www.pyddf.de/sprint2017 next weekend. (6th and 7th of May in Düsseldorf, Germany)
I'm aware that hardly anyone from this list can make it there in person (if so, even better!), but please feel encouraged to participate remotely via Jython's IRC-channel irc://irc.freenode.net/#jython. We will be online there 11.00-17.30 CEST each day (and hopefully fill it with more activity than usual).

Potential topics include:

Using Jython:
- Jython basics / getting started
- Python/Java integration (e.g. calling Java from Python and vice versa)
- scripting Java with Jython
- GUI with JavaFX in Python

Developing Jython:
- Jython internals / getting started
- Bugfixes in Jython core - Can we fix some actual bugs?
(I will especially look into current release blockers http://bugs.jython.org/issue2487 and http://bugs.jython.org/issue2570)

Experimental stuff (What is already workable? Let's try!):
- JyNI (e.g. NumPy, ctypes)
- Jython 3

Individual stuff:
- You have some project or usecase for Jython and need advice?
- There is some specific gap keeping you from using Jython? -- Maybe we can fix it or work around.
-- Maybe even if it involves a C-Extension (let's tweak JyNI)

Looking forward to work with you!

-Stefan

Re: Jython sprint next weekend (6th and 7th of May, 2017)

Darjus Loktevic
Hey Stefan,

Sorry could not join, traveling. How did it go?

Cheers,
Darjus