Jython3 development

Isaiah Peng
Hi guys,

I am working on python 3 support for jython, in the jython/jython3 repository, I've created a few pull request on github,

https://github.com/jython/jython3/pulls

Please don't hesitate to give your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks,
Isaiah

Re: Jython3 development

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 5:56 AM, Isaiah Peng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am working on python 3 support for jython, in the jython/jython3
> repository, I've created a few pull request on github,
>
> https://github.com/jython/jython3/pulls
>
> Please don't hesitate to give your valuable feedbacks.
Hi Isaiah,

I am planning to start really examining these today, thanks for the
pull requests! I'm especially excited to see that you have not only
managed to somehow work with the very immature jython3 work, but also
updated Jython's grammar: few dare to venture there :).

Have you signed a Python contributor agreement? For a set of
contributions of this size we'll need that (or at least assurance that
you plan to do that as soon as possible).

The directions are here:

http://python.org/psf/contrib/

Note that it requires a username from bugs.python.org with a (p)ython,
not the one you might have at bugs.jython.org. Don't worry about the
Jython-specific one, it was for past contributors, only worry about
this one:

http://www.python.org/psf/contrib/contrib-form/

-Frank

Re: Jython3 development

Isaiah Peng
Hi Frank,

I've just signed the contributor agreement (my username on bugs.python.org is isaiah), thanks for pointing it out.

Because of the current immature status of the branch, I am trying to get as much working as possible, so I didn't run the tests nor add new tests for my work, hope that makes sense for the moment.

I also encountered a problem when trying to add the `int.from_bytes` class method,

>>> int.from_bytes(b'\xfc\x00', byteorder='big', signed=True)
 -1024

I tried to add

```java
@ExposedClassMethod(doc = BuiltinDocs.int_from_bytes_doc)
final static PyObject long_from_bytes(PyType type, PyObject[] args, String[] keywords) {
}
```

But get the following exception when compiling:

It works with the following method, but it won't support keyword parameters, and the `signed` argument cannot be optional:

```java
final static PyObject long_from_bytes(PyType type, PyObject bytes, PyObject byteorder, PyObject signed) {
```

 How to express such method signature in native implemented method?

Regards,
Isaiah