KeyError for CSRF middleware during processing an exception response

KeyError for CSRF middleware during processing an exception response

Timothy Gates
If an exception response occurs during the middleware processing it looks like the CSRF middleware layer can obscure the issue by getting a KeyError exception of its own. The request.META does not contain the CSRF_COOKIE but the response handling seems to assume it has already been set. I get the error...

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py", line 34, in inner
     response = get_response(request)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/django/utils/deprecation.py", line 96, in __call__
     response = self.process_response(request, response)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/django/middleware/csrf.py", line 325, in process_response
     self._set_token(request, response)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/django/middleware/csrf.py", line 189, in _set_token
     request.META['CSRF_COOKIE'],
 KeyError: 'CSRF_COOKIE'

I'd be interested in raising a ticket for this and putting in some code to either generate the CSRF Cookie or gracefully ignoring the situation of a missing CSRF Cookie. I had a look through the mail archives but couldn't find a similar experience which surprised me but I guess the normal response is to fix the underlying issue and not worry about the KeyError from the CSRF Cookie but I think it would be worth removing the red-herring. I also could be way off track so please let me know if this is the case.

Thanks,
Tim

KeyError for CSRF middleware during processing an exception response

Most. Runa
Fuck me +8801737940981