Last call for WSGI 1.0 errata/clarifications

Last call for WSGI 1.0 errata/clarifications

PJ Eby
Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the
weekend and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any
last-minute comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them,
however unpolished they may be!

Re: Last call for WSGI 1.0 errata/clarifications

Tres Seaver

At 02:51 PM 9/23/2010 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:

>P.J. Eby wrote:
>
> > Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the
> > weekend and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any
> > last-minute comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them,
> > however unpolished they may be!
>
>I'm fine with the substance of the changes you proposed, but puzzled
>about the process:  in what case does it work to updated an
>already-approved-and-implemented PEP would be updated, instead of
>replacing it with a newer PEP (e.g., PEPs 241 -> 314 -> 345).

In the case where one is clarifying ambiguities/questions in the
original spec.  ;-)

(None of the changes invalidate existing implementations, but simply
provide additional guidance/best practice suggestions.  Even the
Python 3 changes won't invalidate at least mod_wsgi's Python 3 implementation.)

Re: Last call for WSGI 1.0 errata/clarifications

René Dudfield

Have all the changes been tested with real world implementations?

cheers,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM, P.J. Eby <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the weekend and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any last-minute comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them, however unpolished they may be!

Re: Last call for WSGI 1.0 errata/clarifications

Manlio Perillo-3
Il 23/09/2010 18:32, P.J. Eby ha scritto:
> Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the
> weekend and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any
> last-minute comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them,
> however unpolished they may be!

Where can I find a draft of the update?

Thanks   Manlio

At 01:45 PM 9/24/2010 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>Il 23/09/2010 18:32, P.J. Eby ha scritto:
> > Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the
> > weekend and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any
> > last-minute comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them,
> > however unpolished they may be!
> >

>Where can I find a draft of the update?

See
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2010-September/004655.html
for the notes; I have not updated the PEP yet, but am about to.

One change since that post: Ian has convinced me to make headers text
and bodies bytes, where before I proposed to only have input headers
be text, and output headers be bytes.

Re: Last call for WSGI 1.0 errata/clarifications

Jeff Hardy-4
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM, P.J. Eby <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the weekend
> and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any last-minute
> comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them, however unpolished
> they may be!

Will you bump the version number to 1.1, or will it stay at 1.0? Does
anyone actually check the version number?

- Jeff

At 09:52 AM 9/24/2010 -0600, Jeff Hardy wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM, P.J. Eby <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the weekend
> > and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any last-minute
> > comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them, however unpolished
> > they may be!
>
>Will you bump the version number to 1.1, or will it stay at 1.0? Does
>anyone actually check the version number?

Since these are just clarifications to the existing spec, and no
previously-compliant implementations are invalidated by the changes,
there will be no changes to the version number.

At 01:22 PM 9/24/2010 +0200, René Dudfield wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Have all the changes been tested with real world implementations?

mod_wsgi under Python 3 is compliant with the changes, and I believe
it has all the general addenda/clarifications implemented under
Python 2 as well (and for some years now, in fact).