Latest error

Skip Montanaro-3

Looks like thingatpt-utils-base requires thingatpt-highlight which doesn't
exist in the checkout.  I evaled all the (require) statements from the .el
files in a (progn) block:

    (progn
    (require 'easymenu)
    (require 'ansi-color)
    (require 'ar-comment-lor)
    (require 'beg-end)
    (require 'cl)
    (require 'comint)
    (require 'compile)
    (require 'custom)
    (require 'info-look)
    (require 'misc-utils)
    (require 'mmm-auto)
    (require 'pymacs)
    (require 'reporter)
    (require 'sh-beg-end)
    (require 'sh-script)
    (require 'string-strip)
    (require 'thingatpt-utils-base)
    (require 'overlay)
    (require 'imenu)
    (require 'thing-at-point-utils)
    (require 'thingatpt-highlight)
    (require 'python-mode)
    )

thingatpt-highlight was the only one it complained about.

Skip

Re: Latest error

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 29.01.2011 18:16, schrieb [hidden email]:

> Looks like thingatpt-utils-base requires thingatpt-highlight which doesn't
> exist in the checkout.  I evaled all the (require) statements from the .el
> files in a (progn) block:
>
>      (progn
>      (require 'easymenu)
>      (require 'ansi-color)
>      (require 'ar-comment-lor)
>      (require 'beg-end)
>      (require 'cl)
>      (require 'comint)
>      (require 'compile)
>      (require 'custom)
>      (require 'info-look)
>      (require 'misc-utils)
>      (require 'mmm-auto)
>      (require 'pymacs)
>      (require 'reporter)
>      (require 'sh-beg-end)
>      (require 'sh-script)
>      (require 'string-strip)
>      (require 'thingatpt-utils-base)
>      (require 'overlay)
>      (require 'imenu)
>      (require 'thing-at-point-utils)
>      (require 'thingatpt-highlight)
>      (require 'python-mode)
>      )
>
> thingatpt-highlight was the only one it complained about.
>
> Skip

Hmm, seems I underestimated the issue.

added and pushed.

Thanks being that attentive.

Re: Latest error

Skip Montanaro-3
    >> thingatpt-highlight was the only one it complained about.

    Andreas> Hmm, seems I underestimated the issue.

    Andreas> added and pushed.

I'm getting farther.  Looks like thingatpt-highlight was missing

    (when (featurep 'xemacs) (require 'overlay))

so I added that to get the make-overlay function.  Then I could visit the
Python file without errors.  Recall the file looks like this (without the
extra indentation):

    """
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    """

    class Foo(object):
        @staticmethod
        def bar(aList):
            for x in aList:
                for y in x:
                    print y

When I try to fill the docstring using fill-paragraph-or-region (M-q) with
point ahead of the first 't', it still deletes the space ahead of the first
single quotation mark, leaving me with this:

    """
    triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    """

If I place point at the beginning of the last line and fill, I get this:

    """
    triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.
    """

Repeat again, and I get:

    """
    triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.
    """

I can proceed to do this until I'm left with a single line in the docstring.

Skip

Re: Latest error

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 29.01.2011 18:52, schrieb [hidden email]:

>      >>  thingatpt-highlight was the only one it complained about.
>
>      Andreas>  Hmm, seems I underestimated the issue.
>
>      Andreas>  added and pushed.
>
> I'm getting farther.  Looks like thingatpt-highlight was missing
>
>      (when (featurep 'xemacs) (require 'overlay))
>
> so I added that to get the make-overlay function.  Then I could visit the
> Python file without errors.  Recall the file looks like this (without the
> extra indentation):
>
>      """
>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>      """
>
>      class Foo(object):
>          @staticmethod
>          def bar(aList):
>              for x in aList:
>                  for y in x:
>                      print y
>
> When I try to fill the docstring using fill-paragraph-or-region (M-q) with
> point ahead of the first 't', it still deletes the space ahead of the first
> single quotation mark, leaving me with this:
>
>      """
>      triple-quoted string containing"quotation" marks.

which is the charateristic error of failing forward-sexp,

As that form doesn't exist in new version, it means, we got the old
chunk back

See the error was done with revision 391

Will take some minutes to get it back.