Launch failed w py2app0.5.3 on OSX 10.5

Karsten Wolf-3
Hi,

I have a pyobjc/py2app application that did fine for several years
now but failed launching on OSX 10.5 after the upgrade from Python
2.7.1 to 2.7.2.

It runs fine on 10.4 (build machine) and 10.6.

The failing part seems to be the site-packages.zip file and it could
be made launching by manually unpacking and deleteing the zip.

I tried to upgrade to the current mercurial but with that the build
fails.

Any ideas?

-karsten

Re: Launch failed w py2app0.5.3 on OSX 10.5

Ronald Oussoren

On 25 Oct, 2011, at 15:38, Karsten Wolf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a pyobjc/py2app application that did fine for several years now but failed launching on OSX 10.5 after the upgrade from Python 2.7.1 to 2.7.2.
>
> It runs fine on 10.4 (build machine) and 10.6.
>
> The failing part seems to be the site-packages.zip file and it could be made launching by manually unpacking and deleteing the zip.

This sounds like a change in the default search path for the interpreter, although that shouldn't happen in a minor release. I don't have a 2.7.1 install to check this at the moment though.

> I tried to upgrade to the current mercurial but with that the build fails.

Could you send me the error message?

Ronald

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Am 25.10.2011 um 20:33 schrieb Ronald Oussoren:

> Could you send me the error message?

Kicked it out.

Reinstalled it for the error message.

It builds the binary. It launches on my machine.

I don't get it.

Back to the problem. The OSX 10.5 machines that didn't launch the app
complained at

import os

in site.py that zlib is missing.

Tomorrow I'll be able to test the new app on the complaining machines.

-karsten

P.S.: I still don't get my own posts to the list. The confirmation
arrives.

Re: Launch failed w py2app0.5.3 on OSX 10.5

Karsten Wolf-3
Can't reply to my own post.

Same Problem.

It doesn't launch with current py2app on OSX 10.5.

Am 27.10.2011 um 07:56 schrieb Ronald Oussoren:

> That's an option for the list, you can change this through the
> webpage at <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pythonmac-sig>
> (use the "unsubscribe or edit options" button at the bottom of the
> page, on the next page log in to edit options)

Did that several times. Made sure that I get my own posts. Last time
I switched the confirmation mail on, works.

On 26 Oct, 2011, at 14:17, Karsten Wolf wrote:

> Can't reply to my own post.
>
> Same Problem.
>
> It doesn't launch with current py2app on OSX 10.5.

I cannot reproduce this at the moment, I don't have a machine running 10.5 and I haven't managed to install 10.5 in a parallels VM yet because the system can't get beyond the system setup program that starts after the initial install (for some reason OSX 10.5 in the VM thinks it doesn't have a network) :-(

Ronald