Login with pre-set credentials.

kimeualexis
Hello, guys!
Am working on a student's portal with users: Admin, Staff & Student. I want the admin to be able to register Students & Staff with a password. After being registered, the students will be able to login with the pre-set password and can later change it. How do I achieve this functionality....where the Admin registers a student and the student is able to login with the pre-set password? Kindly assist.

Regards!

Re: Login with pre-set credentials.

赖信桃
I believe the default django admin and default user system can meet you need. Check the docs: https://docs.djangoproject.com/zh-hans/2.0/ref/contrib/admin/

kimeualexis <[hidden email]>于2018年6月12日周二 下午9:36写道:
Hello, guys!
Am working on a student's portal with users: Admin, Staff & Student. I want the admin to be able to register Students & Staff with a password. After being registered, the students will be able to login with the pre-set password and can later change it. How do I achieve this functionality....where the Admin registers a student and the student is able to login with the pre-set password? Kindly assist.

Regards!

Re: Login with pre-set credentials.

Mike Dewhirst-3
On 12/06/2018 5:56 PM, kimeualexis wrote:
> Hello, guys!
> Am working on a student's portal with users: Admin, Staff & Student. I
> want the admin to be able to register Students & Staff with a
> password. After being registered, the students will be able to login
> with the pre-set password and can later change it. How do I achieve
> this functionality....where the Admin registers a student and the
> student is able to login with the pre-set password? Kindly assist.

Is there a reason you want the Admin to do all the work instead of
individual users? Is there a reason you want the password changed later?
If lazy or security-unconscious Staff/Students didn't change the
password, would you expire it? If not, what are the consequences?

Maybe a better approach could be Staff and Student self-registration
with password rules enforcing strong passwords*. To control access,
perhaps roles might be assigned after bona fides are established with
the Admin. That might distribute the workload more equitably. You might
need a CAPTCHA but they are not too difficult to implement.

If that sort of approach suits your requirements there are tutorials to
show the way. One which I know takes that approach is here ...

https://simpleisbetterthancomplex.com/series/beginners-guide/1.11/

... and others may be found here ...

https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-django

Cheers

Mike

* I have recently installed
https://github.com/ubernostrum/pwned-passwords-django in one of my
projects. It is very easy to use and works well. For example, I tested
it out by trying to change a password to pa55w0rd. It was immediately
rejected as a compromised password. Lovely! James Bennett deserves
applause for that.