London Python Code Dojo (Season 3, Episode 8)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

London Python Code Dojo (Season 3, Episode 8)

cuberoot
Hi Folks,

The next London Python Code Dojo is go! It will take place in a week's
time on Thursday 5 April from 6:30pm.

We'll be meeting at the offices of Fry-IT (the usual location) and
will start with an hour of pizza, beer and general socialising (thanks
Fry-IT).
Coding to follow with an opportunity to win an O'Reilly book at the end.

Sign up here:
http://ldnpydojo.eventwax.com/london-python-code-dojo-season-3-episode-8

Tickets are usually fully booked within hours so be sure to be quick!

See you there,

Greg
@groodt
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: London Python Code Dojo (Season 3, Episode 8)

Carles Pina i Estany-2

Hi,

On Mar/29/2012, Greg Roodt wrote:

> The next London Python Code Dojo is go! It will take place in a week's
> time on Thursday 5 April from 6:30pm.

Ohhh... I'll be on the way to the airport. Have fun!

I wanted to comment something in the Dojo: at my company (Mendeley) we
have an open position:
http://www.mendeley.com/careers/london-cpp-qt-software-eng/
It's a position in my team, feel free to contact me if you have some
questions/comments (or contact [hidden email] , say that you come
from the Python List). Qt is not required but it's an advantage.

It's not in the job spec but Python is used. We also hosted a Python
Code Dojo back in November or December (now would be more difficult
because some new arrangements in the office).

Another interesting position:
http://www.mendeley.com/careers/london-hadoop-data-architect/

Feel free to forward!

Regards,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: London Python Code Dojo (Season 3, Episode 8)

Anand Kumria-3
Hi Carles,

That reminds me, I saw your company mentioned in the press --

http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201203/2012031401-google-scholar--mendeley-and-unreliable-sources.html

Seems providing feedback is especially difficult. Something you guys
might want to make easier.

Cheers,
Anand

On 30 March 2012 10:25, Carles Pina i Estany <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> On Mar/29/2012, Greg Roodt wrote:
>
>> The next London Python Code Dojo is go! It will take place in a week's
>> time on Thursday 5 April from 6:30pm.
>
> Ohhh... I'll be on the way to the airport. Have fun!
>
> I wanted to comment something in the Dojo: at my company (Mendeley) we
> have an open position:
> http://www.mendeley.com/careers/london-cpp-qt-software-eng/
> It's a position in my team, feel free to contact me if you have some
> questions/comments (or contact [hidden email] , say that you come
> from the Python List). Qt is not required but it's an advantage.
>
> It's not in the job spec but Python is used. We also hosted a Python
> Code Dojo back in November or December (now would be more difficult
> because some new arrangements in the office).
>
> Another interesting position:
> http://www.mendeley.com/careers/london-hadoop-data-architect/
>
> Feel free to forward!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Carles Pina i Estany
>        http://pinux.info
> _______________________________________________
> python-uk mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
>



--
“Don’t be sad because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: London Python Code Dojo (Season 3, Episode 8)

Carles Pina i Estany-2

Hi Anand,

At the moment, providing feedback about errors in our catalog is
difficult and at the end needs manual actions from our side. Good news
is that we will work to fix this :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

On Mar/30/2012, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Hi Carles,
>
> That reminds me, I saw your company mentioned in the press --
>
> http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201203/2012031401-google-scholar--mendeley-and-unreliable-sources.html
>
> Seems providing feedback is especially difficult. Something you guys
> might want to make easier.
>
> Cheers,
> Anand
>
> On 30 March 2012 10:25, Carles Pina i Estany <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mar/29/2012, Greg Roodt wrote:
> >
> >> The next London Python Code Dojo is go! It will take place in a week's
> >> time on Thursday 5 April from 6:30pm.
> >
> > Ohhh... I'll be on the way to the airport. Have fun!
> >
> > I wanted to comment something in the Dojo: at my company (Mendeley) we
> > have an open position:
> > http://www.mendeley.com/careers/london-cpp-qt-software-eng/
> > It's a position in my team, feel free to contact me if you have some
> > questions/comments (or contact [hidden email] , say that you come
> > from the Python List). Qt is not required but it's an advantage.
> >
> > It's not in the job spec but Python is used. We also hosted a Python
> > Code Dojo back in November or December (now would be more difficult
> > because some new arrangements in the office).
> >
> > Another interesting position:
> > http://www.mendeley.com/careers/london-hadoop-data-architect/
> >
> > Feel free to forward!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Carles Pina i Estany
> >        http://pinux.info
> > _______________________________________________
> > python-uk mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
> >
>
>
>
> --
> ???Don???t be sad because it???s over. Smile because it happened.??? ??? Dr. Seuss
> _______________________________________________
> python-uk mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk