London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Simon Brunning
I'm organising a Python meetup in London next month. All welcome.

<http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Jon-15
Whats the response been like to 10th. I'd come but I'm going to a gig.
I attended one of the very early meetups, out by paddington I think.
Jon

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 15:37, Simon Brunning wrote:
> I'm organising a Python meetup in London next month. All welcome.
>
> <http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>

Re: London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Ashish Shrestha
I will most probably turn up. Unless major turns up on that date. Not
very good with advance planning.

Ashish

On 9/6/05, Jon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Whats the response been like to 10th. I'd come but I'm going to a gig.
> I attended one of the very early meetups, out by paddington I think.
> Jon
>
> On Tuesday 06 September 2005 15:37, Simon Brunning wrote:
> > I'm organising a Python meetup in London next month. All welcome.
> >
> > <http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>

http://weblogs.shrestha.net.np
http://photos.shrestha.net.np
http://axhixh.homelinux.com

Re: London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Chris Withers
It's in my diary :-)

Chris

Simon Brunning wrote:
> I'm organising a Python meetup in London next month. All welcome.
>
> <http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Michael Sparks
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 15:37, Simon Brunning wrote:
> I'm organising a Python meetup in London next month. All welcome.
>
> <http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>

Do people normally reply here or just turn up? I'm planning on coming :-)
Out of interest, are people planning on going to Euro OSCON? (If you are, I've
been given some a couple of discount codes, one I can give out 4 more times,
and another than I can give out as many times as I like (AFACIT))

Also, are you planning on announcing this on c.l.p ?

Michael.
--
http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/, [hidden email]

"""To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield""" -- Tennyson, Ulysses

On 9/8/05, Michael Sparks <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 September 2005 15:37, Simon Brunning wrote:
> > I'm organising a Python meetup in London next month. All welcome.
> >
> > <http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>
>
> Do people normally reply here or just turn up? I'm planning on coming :-)

This is the forst one I've organised without Meetup.com, so I'm kind
of feeling my way here. Perhaps leave a blog comment.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you there. Any chance of
bringing a little Kamaelia demo with you? Nothing formal - m ore of a
blokes-with-pints-gathered-behind-a-notebook kind of thing.

> Out of interest, are people planning on going to Euro OSCON? (If you are, I've
> been given some a couple of discount codes, one I can give out 4 more times,
> and another than I can give out as many times as I like (AFACIT))

Not me. :-(

> Also, are you planning on announcing this on c.l.p ?

I wasn't, no. I've always thought that c.l.py was the wrong place for
local announcements. Think I should?

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: London Python Meetup, October the 10th.

Michael Sparks-2
On Monday 12 Sep 2005 09:58, Simon Brunning wrote:
> This is the forst one I've organised without Meetup.com, so I'm kind
> of feeling my way here. Perhaps leave a blog comment.

I'll do that :-)

> Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you there. Any chance of
> bringing a little Kamaelia demo with you? Nothing formal - more of a
> blokes-with-pints-gathered-behind-a-notebook kind of thing.

Yeah, sure no problem :-) (So far Kamaelia's turning into a fun way to do all
sorts of things, so it'd be a pleasure really :-)

We've now got Dirac decoding, tweaked this weekend, and playing back through
Kamaelia as well now, so that's two things with one stone :-)

> > Also, are you planning on announcing this on c.l.p ?
>
> I wasn't, no. I've always thought that c.l.py was the wrong place for
> local announcements. Think I should?

You're probably right about c.l.p, but c.l.p.a seems to encourage it
periodically ? Personally I'd say it wouldn't hurt. <badpunalert> I wonder
what the popularity would be of a python crawl vs sprint... </badpunalert>

:-)

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
[hidden email], http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/

This e-mail may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC.