London Python dojo, January: Team 4 game of life

London Python dojo, January: Team 4 game of life

S Walker
Slightly delayed, but both the one we (Team 4) built during the session, and one I hacked together using pygame over the last couple of weekends are included (in $base/dojo and $base/new respectively). Said hacked together approach was inspired by one (or more?) of the other teams who used sets, etc.

https://bitbucket.org/maddagaska/pygol/overview

I think there was a link up to post the code to, but I've since lost it, so uploaded it here.

Re: London Python dojo, January: Team 4 game of life

Tim Golden-4
On 11/02/2012 17:06, S Walker wrote:

> Slightly delayed, but both the one we (Team 4) built during the session, and one I hacked together using pygame over the last couple of weekends are included (in $base/dojo and $base/new respectively). Said hacked together approach was inspired by one (or more?) of the other teams who used sets, etc.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/maddagaska/pygol/overview
>
> I think there was a link up to post the code to, but I've since lost it, so uploaded it here.

Thanks. I'll ping Tom Viner to see if he can find a way to
link to it directly from our shiny new github repo. If
nothing else, we can always stick a README with a URL!

TJG

Re: London Python dojo, January: Team 4 game of life

Tom Viner-2
Thanks for the code S. For obvious reasons there seems no way to add a git submodule that's linked to a mercurial repo! So as suggested by Tim, I've put up a readme here:

Theoretically speaking it should be possible to auto-push the code into github whenever bitbucket was updated, but it would require an intermediate service following these steps:
 - team4 do an hg push to bit bucket
 - bitbucket says "Repo administrators can add a POST service to a repositoryhttp://goo.gl/r3Ejy
 - the intermediate web service receives the POST, and does an hg pull from bitbucket
 - it then uses either hg-git or actual git to push those changes into to github

I'll leave the finer points of this as an exercise for the reader ;-) as of course that's total overkill for this situation.

Tom