Making the cursor wrap around on the ends of lines.

Making the cursor wrap around on the ends of lines.

Carl Smith
While looking for more info on PT keybinding, I came across some xonsh code which makes the cursor wrap around when you navigate off the start or end of a line, like most GUI editors do. The original code is here:

There's an IPython startup file (as a gist) here that does the same thing for IPython 5:

It seems like something that should just be enabled at all times, but maybe someone else would prefer the current behaviour. Would anyone want this to be configurable?

Cheers,

-- Carl Smith

On 18 July 2016 at 11:01, Thomas Kluyver <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rather than duplicating this between xonsh and IPython, maybe we should try to push it upstream to prompt_toolkit?

+1 Makes a lot of sense​.