Quantcast

[Meetup] March IoT Workshop

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi

 This month BangPypers is conducting an IoT workshop on *March 18th from
2:00 PM to 5:30 PM.* After a long time, the event is in the afternoon. So
catch up some extra sleep on Saturday morning.

Agenda:

- What is the idea of the workshop?

The idea of the workshop is to get people experience on end to end IoT
implementation. We’ll understand how devices send signals to the gateway
and how those signals can be used (using python) for a device to device
communication and device to analytics. For a device, to analytics module,
we’ll use Azure.

- What will participants learn?

 - Typical architecture of IoT implementation

- Hands on experience with Python in IoT

- Analytic services on Azure

Requirements

- Bring your laptop with Python installed.

- We will have 10 IoT devices (Raspberry Pi) for all participants. You will
sit as a group and use the device.

Speaker:

Sudhir Rawat is an evangelist at Microsoft India Pvt Ltd.

Address:

First Floor, Microsoft Signature Building, Embassy Golf Links Business
Park, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560071

Google Map URL: https://goo.gl/maps/XaQ54XNkhBG2

RSVP  is open. Show your interest
https://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/236371825/ or share with
interested folks.

--

*Thanks & Regardskracekumar"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus
Torvaldshttp://kracekumar.com <http://kracekumar.com>*

Re: [Meetup] March IoT Workshop

kracekumar ramaraju
Hi

 The meetup on Saturday received an overwhelming response!

267 people showed interest and we accepted 134 RSVPs. 75 people came down
for the meetup. It's 55.97%.

The event report is available on the blog [0].

[0]: http://bangalore.python.org.in/blog/2017/03/18/mar-workshop/

--

*Thanks & Regardskracekumar"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus
Torvaldshttp://kracekumar.com <http://kracekumar.com>*

Re: [Meetup] March IoT Workshop

Nitin Kumar-6
56%, This is bad. I really wanted to attend this one but could not make it
as I was waitlisted.

I think we should charge some minimal amount, say 200rs to register and
return it back once they turn up for event. :)
So if 75 ppl dont make it, we have 15k to do something for the community.

Nitin Kr

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM, kracekumar ramaraju <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
>  The meetup on Saturday received an overwhelming response!
>
> 267 people showed interest and we accepted 134 RSVPs. 75 people came down
> for the meetup. It's 55.97%.
>
> The event report is available on the blog [0].
>
> [0]: http://bangalore.python.org.in/blog/2017/03/18/mar-workshop/
>
> --
>
> *Thanks & Regardskracekumar"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus
> Torvaldshttp://kracekumar.com <http://kracekumar.com>*

Re: [Meetup] March IoT Workshop

kracekumar ramaraju

> 56%, This is bad. I really wanted to attend this one but could not make it
> as I was waitlisted.

The venue capacity was 50 + 10 extra seating arrangement without devices.
We estimated 40% turn out and allowed 134 RSVPs.

> I think we should charge some minimal amount, say 200rs to register and
> return it back once they turn up for event. :)
> So if 75 ppl dont make it, we have 15k to do something for the community.

This idea was proposed earlier as well. Few meetups in Bangalore follow
this approach.
Good time to discuss in separate thread.