Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

Gustavo Narea
Hello,

We're considering migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI (Apache) because we'll need to use versions of Python compiled by ourselves.

In addition to the research I've done and the pre-deployment tests we'll carry out, I'd love to know if any of you has done the same migration. If so, how was this experience? I suspect there's nothing to worry about (that's what WSGI is for), but just in case...

Thanks,

 - Gustavo.

_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

Manlio Perillo-3
Gustavo Narea ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> We're considering migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI (Apache) because
> we'll need to use versions of Python compiled by ourselves.
>

Note that you can simply recompile mod_wsgi to use your custom Python.

> [...]


Manlio
_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

Benoit Chesneau-3
In reply to this post by Gustavo Narea
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Gustavo Narea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We're considering migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI (Apache) because we'll
> need to use versions of Python compiled by ourselves.
>
> In addition to the research I've done and the pre-deployment tests we'll
> carry out, I'd love to know if any of you has done the same migration. If
> so, how was this experience? I suspect there's nothing to worry about
> (that's what WSGI is for), but just in case...
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - Gustavo.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Web-SIG mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
> Unsubscribe:
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/bchesneau%40gmail.com
>
>

why not just use a gateway behind a proxy ?

- benoit
_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

Gustavo Narea
In reply to this post by Manlio Perillo-3
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Manlio Perillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Note that you can simply recompile mod_wsgi to use your custom Python.

We may need to use different versions of Python. :/

_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

Nathan R. Yergler-4
We've migrated a couple applications from mod_wsgi to mod_fcgid
(http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/) without any problems, and it's
now our default deployment strategy.

Regards,

Nathan


On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Gustavo Narea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Manlio Perillo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Note that you can simply recompile mod_wsgi to use your custom Python.
>
> We may need to use different versions of Python. :/
>
> _______________________________________________
> Web-SIG mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
> Unsubscribe:
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/nathan%40yergler.net
>
>
_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

kiorky
In reply to this post by Benoit Chesneau-3
Le 15/03/2010 16:02, Benoit Chesneau a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Gustavo Narea <[hidden email]> wrote:


> why not just use a gateway behind a proxy ?
That could be what i would have done too.


> - benoit

--
Cordialement,
KiOrKY
GPG Key FingerPrint: 0x1A1194B7681112AF


_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com

signature.asc (270 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Migrating from mod_wsgi to FastCGI

Gustavo Narea
In reply to this post by Nathan R. Yergler-4
Thank you all for your responses!

 - Gustavo.

On 15/03/10 17:02, Nathan Yergler wrote:

> We've migrated a couple applications from mod_wsgi to mod_fcgid
> (http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/) without any problems, and it's
> now our default deployment strategy.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nathan
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Gustavo Narea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Manlio Perillo <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>    
>>> Note that you can simply recompile mod_wsgi to use your custom Python.
>>>      
>> We may need to use different versions of Python. :/
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Web-SIG mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
>> Unsubscribe:
>> http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/nathan%40yergler.net
>>
>>
>>    


--
Gustavo Narea <xri://=Gustavo>.

_______________________________________________
Web-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
Web SIG: http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig
Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/web-sig/lists%40nabble.com