Migration warnings to python 3

Markus Schaber-6

Hello,

The current estimate for IronPython to implement python 3 was “not before fall”. So applications hosting IronPython must think about paving a good migration path for their users.

AFAIR, the cPython implementation can spit out a bunch of warnings for Code incompatible with cPython 3.

Is this mechanism supported by hosted IronPython?

Grüße,

Markus

Re: Migration warnings to python 3

Dino Viehland

We do support the -3 option which turns those warnings on but I don’t think we have as many warnings as CPython did.

Re: Migration warnings to python 3

Markus Schaber-6
Hi, Dino,

I guess this is okay, some things like string / Unicode semantics are actually already like in Python 3.

I'll skim the hosting API to find out how I can get those warnings in hosted environment.

Regards,
Markus

Von: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Dino Viehland

> We do support the -3 option which turns those warnings on but I don't think we have as many warnings as CPython did.

>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Markus Schaber
>> Hello,
>> The current estimate for IronPython to implement python 3 was "not before fall". So applications hosting IronPython must think about paving a good migration path for their users.
>> AFAIR, the cPython implementation can spit out a bunch of warnings for Code incompatible with cPython 3.
>> Is this mechanism supported by hosted IronPython?

Grüße,
Markus

Re: Migration warnings to python 3

Markus Schaber-6

It seems that the default behaviour of printing them to sys.stderr may fit our needs.

Regards,
Markus