Missing platform information in subprocess documentation

Missing platform information in subprocess documentation

Aaron Bingham
Hi,

In the Python 2.4 documentation for the subprocess.Popen class
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/node235.html), many of the
platform differences are documented clearly.  However the preexec_fn
keyword argument is not supported on Windows and this is not mentioned
anywhere obvious.

Re: Missing platform information in subprocess documentation

Aaron Bingham
Aaron Bingham wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In the Python 2.4 documentation for the subprocess.Popen class
>(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/node235.html), many of the
>platform differences are documented clearly.  However the preexec_fn
>keyword argument is not supported on Windows and this is not mentioned
>anywhere obvious.

close_fds is also not supported on Windows, as I discovered shortly
after sending the original e-mail.

Re: Missing platform information in subprocess documentation

Aahz
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006, Aaron Bingham wrote:

> In the Python 2.4 documentation for the subprocess.Popen class
> (http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/node235.html), many of the
> platform differences are documented clearly.  However the preexec_fn
> keyword argument is not supported on Windows and this is not mentioned
> anywhere obvious.

Please file bugs on SourceForge or we'll forget.  Thanks!
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

definition, not smart enough to debug it."  --Brian W. Kernighan

Aahz wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 03, 2006, Aaron Bingham wrote:
>

>>In the Python 2.4 documentation for the subprocess.Popen class
>>(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/node235.html), many of the
>>platform differences are documented clearly.  However the preexec_fn
>>keyword argument is not supported on Windows and this is not mentioned
>>anywhere obvious.
>>

>Please file bugs on SourceForge or we'll forget.  Thanks!

Done:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1537195&group_id=5470&atid=105470