Move www.wsgi.org to Read The Docs.

Graham Dumpleton-2
Who owns and manages www.wsgi.org wiki?

The amount of spam the wiki gets now is becoming rediculous.

If we care about the wiki, it is time to take the content in it and
dump it in github as a project which can then be loaded up to Read The
Docs, with www.wsgi.org directing to that.

In the mean time, can anyone else help clean up the spam. I am usually
the only one who does it, but this time there is too much and becomes
a waste of my time. I only have so many phone meetings where I can
secretly be cleaning up the spam at the same time. So, many hands make
light work. :-)

Overall I reckon moving to github and Read The Docs may also encourage
greater participation as far as putting some useful content in it.
Personally I find wikis a pain for that sort of content and so can't
be bothered to work on the actual content. If it was on guthub and
Read The Docs I am more likely myself to help build out the content
with actual decent useful content, moving some of the stuff I have
blogged about or put elsewhere there instead.

Graham

Re: Move www.wsgi.org to Read The Docs.

Masklinn
On 2011-08-18, at 23:14 , Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Who owns and manages www.wsgi.org wiki?
>
> The amount of spam the wiki gets now is becoming rediculous.
>
> If we care about the wiki, it is time to take the content in it and
> dump it in github as a project which can then be loaded up to Read The
> Docs, with www.wsgi.org directing to that.
Would require converting from moinmoin to rst would it not?

> In the mean time, can anyone else help clean up the spam. I am usually
> the only one who does it, but this time there is too much and becomes
> a waste of my time. I only have so many phone meetings where I can
> secretly be cleaning up the spam at the same time. So, many hands make
> light work. :-)
While not involved in Web-SIG or any of that, I'd be glad to help on
cleaning up the spam on wsgi.org.

Re: Move www.wsgi.org to Read The Docs.

Graham Dumpleton-2
Thanks to additional help of masklinn and SvenBerkvensMatthijsse, the
spam has all been cleaned up now.

The number of pages isn't that great so manual conversion is probably
practical and no need to look at actual tools to convert to ReST.

Since I reckon this just has to be done, not waiting to see who owns
up to controlling the site and have created github repository at:

  https://github.com/GrahamDumpleton/wsgiorg

I'll start converting over some pages when get a chance over the
weekend when at PyCon AU.

If there is anyone who is a Sphinx/Read The Docs expert and wants to
set up some better styling for the site then go for it.

We can run with this for a bit and see how it goes. If can't find
anyone who controls www.wsgi.org domain or they don't want to change
how it is managed, then I guess the repo I have created will just get
thrown away, but at least worth a try. The site really needs some
love.

Graham