My apologies

Andy Wiggin
I would like to apologize to any and all who took offense at my
remarks about my "disappointment" in "the Python powers that be", most
especially to Guido and others who make contributions to Python and
the Python community. I have great respect for what you have
accomplished, and I have learned from your well-reasoned decisions. In
a moment of poor judgment, I expressed my personal dissatisfaction
with your quite justifiable priorities and conclusions. I guess I
mis-characterized the situation as well, as there appear to be
contributors who are interested in the concurrency issue and are
addressing it in a productive way. Guido was right to call me on it,
and by doing so has taught me a lesson which I will take to heart. So,
thank you for that, and my apologies for my unwarranted remarks. I
assure you it will not happen again.

Regards,
Andy

Re: My apologies

Guido van Rossum
Hey Andy,

Thanks for the apology. It's great to see someone own their actions.

I will apologize too for using strong words that would better have
been left unsaid, even if in this particular case they were effective.

--Guido

On 9/23/07, Andy Wiggin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to apologize to any and all who took offense at my
> remarks about my "disappointment" in "the Python powers that be", most
> especially to Guido and others who make contributions to Python and
> the Python community. I have great respect for what you have
> accomplished, and I have learned from your well-reasoned decisions. In
> a moment of poor judgment, I expressed my personal dissatisfaction
> with your quite justifiable priorities and conclusions. I guess I
> mis-characterized the situation as well, as there appear to be
> contributors who are interested in the concurrency issue and are
> addressing it in a productive way. Guido was right to call me on it,
> and by doing so has taught me a lesson which I will take to heart. So,
> thank you for that, and my apologies for my unwarranted remarks. I
> assure you it will not happen again.
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Re: My apologies

Andy Wiggin
Guido,
thank you very much for your kind response. Clearly you aren't the
BDFL for nothing. As for you apologizing, I assure you there is no
need, but thank you for that as well.

Regards,
Andy