Need help in keeping dll's in another directory

Need help in keeping dll's in another directory

Arunkumar Jigajinni
Hi All,

I have exe file created from Py2exe in a directory and i have lots of .pyd
and .dll files with that, i want to move those dependency files from
running directory to another and run the exe.
How do i achieve it? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Arun

Re: Need help in keeping dll's in another directory

Vishal-7
Move the DLLs and PYDs whereever you want to put them.
use regsvr32.exe from Windows\System32 directory to register these DLLs and
PYD files (one by one), in their new location
Now when you run the executable, windows will provide it with the correct
file as and when it summons them.

Please know that its best to simply register the latest versions and let
them be used.

If you wish to provide the latest version with your executable, and If you
think your users may have an already registered version of the DLL (say
from an earlier install followed by a bad uninstall), you should have the
intended dll file (the latest version) and a <dll_name>.local file (just a
file with this name) in the same folder as your executable. Having this
arrangement, forces the executable to use the dll that is available
locally, instead of Windows providing it with the registered version.
Also know that the above is sometimes considered bad practice (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa375142(v=vs.85).aspx
)

--
Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---
"Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"बहुजन हिताय, बहुजन सुखाय (Benefit for most people, Happiness for most
people.)"
---
Please DONT print this email, unless you really need to.
Save Energy & Paper. Save the Earth.

Re: Need help in keeping dll's in another directory

Arunkumar Jigajinni
Thank you Vishal...I will try with this... i think it should suffice my
requirement ...