Need workaround for error: (299, 'GetModuleFileNameEx' with win32process

Need workaround for error: (299, 'GetModuleFileNameEx' with win32process

Reckoner
when using win32process, I get the following error when I try this on a
Windows XP 64-bit machine:

error: (299, 'GetModuleFileNameEx', 'Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or
WriteProcessMemory request was completed.')

I don't get this error on a Windows XP 32-bit machine. After some
drilling around, I found out that this is because I am using a 32-bit
version of win32process to interrogate a 64-bit running application.
Now, I have to support both 32 and 64-bit Windows XP systems, so I'm
looking for a workaround for this. I am running the 32-bit version of
Python on a 64-bit Windows XP system.

Any help appreciated. This is for Python version 2.6.2.

Thanks!

Re: Need workaround for error: (299, 'GetModuleFileNameEx' with win32process

Tim Roberts
reckoner wrote:

> when using win32process, I get the following error when I try this on a
> Windows XP 64-bit machine:
>
> error: (299, 'GetModuleFileNameEx', 'Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or
> WriteProcessMemory request was completed.')
>
> I don't get this error on a Windows XP 32-bit machine. After some
> drilling around, I found out that this is because I am using a 32-bit
> version of win32process to interrogate a 64-bit running application.
> Now, I have to support both 32 and 64-bit Windows XP systems, so I'm
> looking for a workaround for this. I am running the 32-bit version of
> Python on a 64-bit Windows XP system.

I'm afraid the workaround is to install a 64-bit Python.

Alternatively, you could write yourself a very short C helper utility,
and compile that for 64-bit.

--
Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.