Newforms admin: Validator for ModelAdmin classes broke my admin

Newforms admin: Validator for ModelAdmin classes broke my admin

Ross Lawley-2
Hi all,

The recent changes in newforms admin r7529 changed the validation for newforms admin models.  However, it is a bit too strict and doesn't allow customizable admin forms to output non model fields.

I've added a patch with tests to: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7790 - which also checks against any explicitly declared forms.

Please can some one review?
(Also if you have commit access I've done a few other small bugfix patches to newforms admin ;) )

Ross

Re: Newforms admin: Validator for ModelAdmin classes broke my admin

Ross Lawley-2

Sorry gmail munged the ticket url:  http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7790

On Jul 17, 11:26 am, "Ross Lawley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The recent changes in newforms admin r7529 changed the validation for
> newforms admin models.  However, it is a bit too strict and doesn't allow
> customizable admin forms to output non model fields.
>
> I've added a patch with tests to:http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7790-which also checks against
> any explicitly declared forms.
>
> Please can some one review?
> (Also if you have commit access I've done a few other small bugfix patches
> to newforms admin ;) )
>
> Ross

Re: Newforms admin: Validator for ModelAdmin classes broke my admin

Brian Rosner

On Jul 17, 2008, at 4:26 AM, Ross Lawley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The recent changes in newforms admin r7529 changed the validation
> for newforms admin models.  However, it is a bit too strict and
> doesn't allow customizable admin forms to output non model fields.
>
> I've added a patch with tests to: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7790
>  - which also checks against any explicitly declared forms.
>
> Please can some one review?

Yes. Good catch. I will take a look today and get it fixed.