Next Python Sheffield July 26th

Daley Chetwynd-2
Hi all,

The next Python Sheffield meeting is only two days away on Tuesday July 26th at the GIST Lab. The meeting will run from 19:00 - 21:00, although doors will be open at the GIST Lab from 18:30. The GIST Lab is located opposite Sheffield train station and behind the Showroom cinema:

http://thegisthub.net/groups/gistlab

This month we're having a coding session, where we'll be attempting to recreate the old Atari game Breakout using PyGame. There'll be an introductory talk on PyGame, cheat sheets will be provided, then we'll get down to some coding in pairs. The pairs will be arranged between more experienced PyGame users and less experienced ones, so don't worry if you're not very familiar with PyGame. Try and bring along a laptop with Python and PyGame installed. PyGame can be downloaded from here:

http://pygame.org/download.shtml

Last month we had 20 attendees and this month we have 7 people registered so far. If you'd like to join us and you haven't registered yet, please do so at:

http://pysheff1107.eventbrite.com

We're always looking for future speakers, so if you'd like to talk on anything Python related and fancy a trip to Sheffield, please get in touch. The Python Sheffield group is open to all levels of Python user, including those who don't currently know the language, but would like to learn. More information can be found on the group by following @pysheff on Twitter, or from the Google group:

groups.google.com/group/python-sheffield

Thanks,

Daley Chetwynd

Re: Next Python Sheffield July 26th

Patrick Dempster
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend but I was wondering if any of the stuff (cheat sheets, talks, etc.....), will be available online?

Regards,
Patrick

If it happens once, it's a bug.
If it happens twice, it's a feature.
If it happens more than twice, it's a design philosophy.