Next Python Sheffield meeting April 24th

Next Python Sheffield meeting April 24th

Daley Chetwynd
Hi all,

The next Python Sheffield meeting is being held on Tuesday April 24th
at the GIST Lab. The meeting will run from 19:00 - 20:45, although
doors will be open at the GIST Lab from 18:45. The GIST Lab is located
opposite Sheffield train station and behind the Showroom cinema:

http://thegisthub.net/groups/gistlab

This month we've got the following two speakers:

Daley Chetwynd (@dchetwynd): Mocking in Python Tests
Will Furnass: Particle Swarm Optimisation in Python

If you'd like to join us for this meeting then please register for free
at:

http://pythonsheffield1204.eventbrite.co.uk/

We're always looking for future speakers, so if you'd like to talk on
anything Python-related and fancy a trip over to Sheffield, please get
in touch. To find out more on the Python Sheffield group, follow
@pysheff on Twitter or see the Google group:

groups.google.com/group/python-sheffield

Thanks,

Daley Chetwynd

http://www.fastmail.fm - Send your email first class

IRC channel

Antonio-83
Hi,
is there any uk irc specific channel?
thanks

Re: IRC channel

Stephen Thorne-3
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 15:38, Antonio Cavallo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
is there any uk irc specific channel?
thanks

Hi,

I'm a group-contact for Python on Freenode, am immediately responsible for #python, and ultimately responsible for all channel names that start with #python-* on that network. I also live in the the UK. :)

While #python-uk was created in 2010, it was only active for a handful of days before it fell into disuse. I am not aware of any other UK specific python irc channels.

If you have python-specific questions, there are many participants on irc.freenode.net #python that are active in the Europe/London timezone, and if you have social (non-python-programming-related, such as the best toppiings on your pizza, or what you should charge per hour for a medium-term consulting gig) questions that you want to ask, there's #python-offtopic.

Happy to help,
Stephen Thorne

Re: IRC channel

Dougal Matthews
> I'm a group-contact for Python on Freenode, am immediately responsible for #python, and ultimately responsible for all channel names that start with #python-* on that network. I also live in the the UK. :)
>
> While #python-uk was created in 2010, it was only active for a handful of days before it fell into disuse. I am not aware of any other UK specific python irc channels.
On freenode there is #python-edinburgh that I started a while back and its active but a small group or users. I also just jumped into #python-london to make that - anybody want to join?

Maybe there should be a general UK one?

Re: IRC channel

Nicholas H.Tollervey

Re: IRC channel

Sebastian Pawlus
I'm going there right now!

Re: IRC channel

Dougal Matthews
And its now happening. There are a few of us in #python-uk on freenode.