Next Releases

Phil Thompson-5
The current snapshots of SIP, QScintilla and PyQt5 (and related packages) can be considered release candidates.

The releases are planned for the first week of January.

Phil

Re: Next Releases

Florian Bruhin
On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:09:17PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> The current snapshots of SIP, QScintilla and PyQt5 (and related
> packages) can be considered release candidates.

Nice! I'll hopefully find the time to give them a try next week.

> The releases are planned for the first week of January.

I assume you're going to wait until Qt 5.12.1 is out (which also should
be early January)?

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [hidden email] (Mail/XMPP)

Re: Next Releases

Phil Thompson-5
On 20 Dec 2018, at 10:16 am, Florian Bruhin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:09:17PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
>> The current snapshots of SIP, QScintilla and PyQt5 (and related
>> packages) can be considered release candidates.
>
> Nice! I'll hopefully find the time to give them a try next week.
>
>> The releases are planned for the first week of January.
>
> I assume you're going to wait until Qt 5.12.1 is out (which also should
> be early January)?

Yes.

I'm currently working on Remote Objects support (now that I've found them) so that may delay things slightly.

Phil

Re: Next Releases

Florian Bruhin
On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 11:16:23AM +0100, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:09:17PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > The current snapshots of SIP, QScintilla and PyQt5 (and related
> > packages) can be considered release candidates.
>
> Nice! I'll hopefully find the time to give them a try next week.

I've tried the latest snapshots against the qutebrowser testsuite (and
I'm also using them myself), and all seems to run fine so far.

I haven't had time to look at the new QtWebEngine APIs[1] yet (except
QWebEngineScheme), probably won't be able to do so in the next three
weeks - exams coming up again. ;-)

[1] https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/3992

Florian

--